Stauffenberg II wrote: ↑
19 Jan 2019 23:22
Frech wrote: ↑
05 Aug 2015 19:19
Here the VBl. for Nagy.
This is very strange. Is it possible that the VBl. is having an error?
Nagy was always in front of Stümpfl in the rank lists. If you compare every list from the Imperial seniority list 1918 on to 1934, the officers ranking list was v. Wiktorin (GM 24.10.1932), Materna (Rudolf) (GM 31.08.1933), Haselmayr Edl. v. Fernstein (GM 30.09.1933), v. Schwarzleitner-Domonkos, v. Nagy, Stümpfl (26.01.1934), Hautzinger (Hungarian: Jany), Towarek (26.05.1934), Löhr (25.09.1934), Feurstein (25.06.1935), Materna (Friedrich) (GM 25.06.1935), Böhme (24.12.1935), Ritter v. Wittas (24.12.1935), ...
So if Stümpfl behind Nagy was 26.01.1934 Nagy must have been 26.01.1934 too and this is confirmed by the 1938 Stellenbesetzung. I do not have the 1934 Schematismus readily available but will check it next week.
I went to the Austrian Kriegsarchiv to see the 1933-1935 rank lists of the Austrian Army. Christian and his VBl. is correct re Nagy´s promotion to Gen. Maj. Here the full story:
1. As already told by me the rank listing was Wiktorin, Materna (Rudolf), Haselmayr, Schwarzleitner-Domonkos and then Nagy.
2. The 1933 rank list shows Wiktorin GM 24.10.1932, Materna Oberst 20.01.1928, Haselmayr 24.03.1928, Schwarzleitner-Domonkos 24.03.1928 and Nagy 24.03.1928, then Ing. Walter, Ing. Ankersdorfer, Stümpfl.
3. The rank list 1934 shows Wiktorin GM 24.10.1932, Materna (Rudolf) GM 31.08.1933 Haselmayr 30.09.1933, Schwarzleitner-Domonkos 30.10.1933, as well as Ing. Walter, Ing. Ankersdorfer and Stümpfl with GM 26.01.1934.
4. The 1935 rank lists is then showing Nagy with GM 21.12.1934 (Wiktorin already retired)
5. Conclusion: Between the rank lists 1933 and 1934 Nagy was downgraded by not being promoted in line. He was overtaken by Walter, Ankersdorfer and Stümpfl and some others behind him loosing relative seniority. Between the 1934 and the 1935 rank list Nagy later received a RDA of 21.12.1934.
6. In the German Stellenbesetzung 1938 Nagy is being shown with RDA 26.01.1934, ie with that seniority date, which would have been received when being promoted in line with Walter, Ankersdorfer and Stümpfl.
Christian, thanks for pointing this out. It´s a minor piece of history but obviously there was already an issue with Nagy in 1933/1934.