Looking for KATTNER ties in the war

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
boynsini

Looking for KATTNER ties in the war

Post by boynsini » 04 Dec 2004, 03:22

I'm trying to find a couple ancestors, one of which was of German descent, though lived in the U.S. but married a German girl. They moved back to Germany and he was summoned to war, he fought on the Russian Front and that's the last we know. His name was Arthur J. Kattner or possible Kathner, it may have been changed in the US to soffen the german sounding. His father's name was Arthur T. Kathner and was inprisoned in a post war American Internment Camp in Darmstadt around 1946, from which I can find no information about. I would appreciate any information, death, certificates, ANYTHING, if known. Thank you.

Brian

Kathner

Re: Looking for KATTNER ties in the war

Post by Kathner » 03 Dec 2019, 07:56

Hello I believe you are referencing my grandfather. Feel free to contact me if you ever get this. [email protected]

Frech
Forum Staff

Post by Frech » 03 Dec 2019, 08:00

I would think he will not get this. Last time boynsini was active was exact 15 years ago...

Regards

Christian

Kathner

Post by Kathner » 03 Dec 2019, 08:02

I am inclined to agree but have just come across old family photos with this new information and thought it worthwhile to give it a shot. Maybe someone else will stumble across this and look up Whit Kathner to find me.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”