An insightful pic of Hitler W/ von Manstein

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Dieter Zinke, askropp and Frech.
DRiggs

An insightful pic of Hitler W/ von Manstein

Post by DRiggs » 24 Feb 2005 05:41

This Picture of von Manstein's inexorable attitude regarding Hitler is one of my favorite. Notice Hitler's fingers curled under his hands as von Manstein takes control of the briefing of the map.
I imagine Hitler storming to the table sweeping his hands decisively across the situation map, bolstering his dominant presence within group of the many 'red collered' hierarchy in the room. Then Manstein cooly places his hands on the map forcing Hitler to witdraw into a less-than-führer like stance on the briefing table (Much Like I hear Rokossovsky's relationship was with Stalin).
This picture speaks volumes to me about von Manstein...What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 24 Feb 2005 10:46

You are in a forum for biographical research, not in a forum about psychological aspects !!
Otherwise you will be removed in the forum-lounge !

DZ

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 24 Feb 2005 11:10

Who are the others? I see Theodor Busse and Kurt Zeitzler ???
Phil Nix

JC

Post by JC » 24 Feb 2005 12:52

Looks like E.von Kleist next to Zeitzler .

JC

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 24 Feb 2005 13:11

Date and location: FHQu Wolfsschanze, 15.09.1943.
I have to correct myself. Date and location: 09.03.1943 headquartet Army Group South at Zaporozhye !!
After a report of Generaloberst Ruoff (AOK 17) , von Kleist discussed with Hitler and von Manstein.

DZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 24 Feb 2005 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

JC

Post by JC » 24 Feb 2005 13:49

Anyone else see the discrepency?

Either v.Kleist took off his Spange zum EK I between photos, or... it's not v.Kleist, or... it's a different meeting, or....

JC

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 24 Feb 2005 16:31

JC wrote:Anyone else see the discrepency?

Either v.Kleist took off his Spange zum EK I between photos, or... it's not v.Kleist, or... it's a different meeting, or....

JC
Now I think different meetings. Otherwise, I know a lot of pics showing von Kleist with KC, but without "Spange". Or has he changed his clothes ?? :)
BTW: Look above, I had to correct myself and to add a third pic

DZ

JC

Post by JC » 24 Feb 2005 20:51

Hi Dieter,

Yes, I think it is a different meeting too. Perhaps you were right the first time, maybe the color photo is at the Wolfsschanze while the B&W photos are, as you say, Manstein's HQ at Zaporozhye.

Best Regards.............Jeff

DRiggs

Post by DRiggs » 24 Feb 2005 22:14

Sorry Dieter,
Feel free to move this post wherever you please. I wasn't sure where to put it. I saw Axis Biographical Research and under it it said Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the other Axis nations. I thought I WAS discussing the personalities of the Wehrmacht...

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 24 Feb 2005 23:23

DRiggs wrote:Sorry Dieter,
Feel free to move this post wherever you please. I wasn't sure where to put it. I saw Axis Biographical Research and under it it said Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the other Axis nations. I thought I WAS discussing the personalities of the Wehrmacht...
The heading says "biographical research", that means: units, decorations, commands, fate, promotions etc.
Our questions, discussions, answers, supplements etc. treat about these subjects.
As you see, all other researchers want to know the location, the date, the participators of this meeting etc.
My old class teacher (fifty years ago) said in such a case as yours: "Thema verfehlt" (failure of theme)

sincerely
your moderator

DRiggs

Post by DRiggs » 25 Feb 2005 03:30

You win. While backing away from this "fait accompli", I'm thinking I'll try again another day...

Dieter Zinke
Forum Staff

Post by Dieter Zinke » 26 Apr 2005 10:15

Dieter Zinke wrote:
JC wrote:Anyone else see the discrepency?
JC
Now I think different meetings. Otherwise, I know a lot of pics showing von Kleist with KC, but without "Spange". Or has he changed his clothes ?? :)
BTW: Look above, I had to correct myself and to add a third pic
DZ
I found all pics to Zaporozhye here:
beginning with
http://fachkataloge.bsb-muenchen.de/img/hoff-47263.jpg
until
http://fachkataloge.bsb-muenchen.de/img/hoff-47260.jpg

If you search under / with "RK" you will found the pics with number 1085 - 1107

DZ

mjölnir

Post by mjölnir » 26 Apr 2005 14:27

Hallo Dieter!
Im Forum waren die Schwarz-weiß-Bilder unter dem 18/19. Februar 1943 datiert worden. Hitler besuchte zu dieser Zeit Saporoshje für Besprechungen.
Für das Farbbild kenne ich auch kein genaues Datum
mjölnir

AlifRafikKhan

Re: An insightful pic of Hitler W/ von Manstein

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 10 Nov 2012 19:51

Another pic from the same occasion, from http://www.historicalwarmilitariaforum. ... je-43.html

the question is, the four officer at the back: Pflugbeil, ? , ? , ?

AlifRafikKhan

Re: An insightful pic of Hitler W/ von Manstein

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 10 Nov 2012 19:53

From the same source. Schmundt, Seidemann??? , Kempf, Manstein, Ruoff, Hitler

Return to “Axis Biographical Research”