Generalleutnant Rudolf Bamler

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Ezboard

Generalleutnant Rudolf Bamler

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 12:51

Doug Brown
Unregistered User
(3/20/00 9:32:48 pm)
Reply Generalleutnant Rudolf Bamler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Gareth

According to your lists GenLt Bamler led the 12. Inf-Div from 4/6/44 to 27/6/44 (I believe he surrendered the division to the Soviets)& 121. Inf-Div from 1/6/44 to 27/6/44. Is this correct ? If so, what were the circumstances ?

Thanks
Doug

Gareth Collins
Unregistered User
(3/22/00 1:16:15 am)
Reply Bamler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason behind this is that I made a typing error, I'm afraid. as we all know he could not possible have commanded the 121st because he was fighting the Russians at Minsk, which he was eventually captured.
Sorry,
gfc

Doug Brown
Unregistered User
(3/22/00 9:33:24 pm)
Reply Bamler
Hi Gareth

I'm sorry if you got the impression that I was picking holes ! I'm quite a novice in this subject so I tend to accept information at face value. That was why I asked about the circumstances.
Anyway, if he wasn't in charge of 121st during that time period who was ?

Thanks
Doug

Gareth Collins
Unregistered User
(3/23/00 12:05:05 am)
Reply Commander
General der Infanterie Hellmuth Priess, in all probability. The command of these divisions during this chaotic period was cloudy to say the least.Before him was Generalmajor Ernst Pauer von Arlau.
gfc
By the way, I did not take your question as picky, don't worry, chin up boss!

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”