bunker's graves

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
ziggy wiseman

bunker's graves

Post by ziggy wiseman » 30 Mar 2002, 23:12

Is it possible there were two dogs burried in the bunker's yard near Hitler and Eva braun's grave?

Charlemagne

Re: bunker's graves

Post by Charlemagne » 31 Mar 2002, 00:39

ziggy wiseman wrote:Is it possible there were two dogs burried in the bunker's yard near Hitler and Eva braun's grave?

Sorry, but i don't understand your question and matter ?

Zapfenstreich

Could Be.

Post by Zapfenstreich » 31 Mar 2002, 04:27

ziggy

It's possible. Before Hitler killed himself he tried out the poison on his pet German Shepherd Dog, Blondi. Don't really know if there was a second dog but Blondi could have been buried near the bunker.

Z

ziggy wiseman

Post by ziggy wiseman » 31 Mar 2002, 06:27

Perhaps the second dog was Eva's terrier?

Geoff Walden

Dogs Buried in Berlin

Post by Geoff Walden » 01 Apr 2002, 18:33

If (and sometimes, with some people, that's a BIG "IF") you believe the Russian autopsy reports, when they dug up the bodies of Hitler and Eva Braun, they also found two dogs. These dogs were autopsied in the clinic in Berlin-Buch (the building is still there), along with the Hitler bodies and those of Josef and Magda Goebbels and their children, and Gen. Krebs.

One of these dogs was apparently Blondi, Hitler' Alsatian. Hitler had the cyanide poison tried out on Blondi, because the poison capsules had come from Himmler, and Hitler no longer trusted Himmler. One of the capsules killed Blondi, and she was buried outside the bunker emergency exit (apparently the same hole/trench was later used for the Hitler bodies).

The other dog was simply described in the Russian reports as a small black dog. This may have been one of Eva Braun's dogs. Eva had two Scotch terriers named Negus and Stasi (the names in her photo albums in the National Archives are given as Negus and Katushka - I guess Stasi was a nickname). Reports of their fates are mixed. Some books say they were in the Berlin bunker, others say they remained in Munich, at Eva's house on Wasserburger Strasse. I have read that one of them died in Berlin, and the other disappeared in Munich.

The small dog could also have been one of Blondi's puppies, which were reportedly killed by SS men after Blondi was killed.

All of these bodies and remains were moved around from grave to grave (again, if you believe the Russian reports), and ended up buried in Magdeburg at a KGB HQs compound. The remains were dug up in 1982, burned, and the ashes mixed together and thrown into a tributary of the Elbe River near Magdeburg.

Geoff Walden

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 01 Apr 2002, 19:24

Hitler had the cyanide poison tried out on Blondi, because the poison capsules had come from Himmler, and Hitler no longer trusted Himmler.
What could Himmler possibly do to a cyanide capsule that would harm Hitler? Poison it? Fill it with water?!? - well, I guess sanity is wasted on madmen

FP

R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 01 Apr 2002, 22:04

There was a good bit of information on this subject in The Military Advisor, published in the Winter 1992-93 issue Volume 4, Number 1. The title of the feature was "Flight of the Wolf".

Very few people were aware that Hitler's Pilot Hans Bauer had a backup pilot by the name of SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer Georg Betz, a double, and a loyal associate Heinrich Muller. Combine these three with the fact that the famous Stuka Pilot Hans Ulrich Rudel had been ordered, during the last days on the 25th of April 1945, to fly into Berlin. In his own words "On 25th April another wireless signal from the Fuhrer's bunker headquarters reaches me, completely jumbled. Practically nothing is intelligible, but I assume I am again being smmoned to Berlin. I ring up the air command and report that I have been presumably ordered to berlin and request permission to fly there. The commadore refuses, according to the army bulletin fighting is going on around the Templehof aerodrome and he does not know if there is any airfield free of the enemy. He says: If you come down in the Russian lines they will chop my head off for having allowed you to start. He says he will try to contact Wing Commander von Below immediately by wireless to ask for the correct text of the message and where I can land if at all. For some days I hear nothing, then at 11pm on the 27th April he rings me up to inform me that he has at last made contact with Berlin and that I am to fly there tonight in a Heinkel 111 and land on the wide east-to-west arterial road through Berlin at the point where the Brandenburg Gate and the Victory monuments stand. Nierman will accompany me."

So as not to bore you, the rest is firly simple - he had to land at Wittstock to refuel. He contacted Berlin and was informed that he would not have to land as ordered that the Fuhrer had decided to remain and that he was to fly himself and his men to the nearest Allied air base to surrender. Now, consider this, Who better thanRudel to carry this story out of Germany - highly respected by his British and American counterparts, he had told what actually was the truth after flying himself and oher members of his wing to an American air base turning himself over to the Americans so as not to be taken by the Russians.

You really should read this whole feature. You may be able to get a reprint of it from Roger Bender, R.James Bender Publshing, P.O. Box23456, San Jose, CA. 95152

This does raise some valid questions.

KILROY [retired] WAS HERE
Last edited by R. J. Kimmel on 04 Apr 2002, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

Zapfenstreich

Post by Zapfenstreich » 01 Apr 2002, 23:34

Ferdinand Porsche wrote:
Hitler had the cyanide poison tried out on Blondi, because the poison capsules had come from Himmler, and Hitler no longer trusted Himmler.
What could Himmler possibly do to a cyanide capsule that would harm Hitler? Poison it? Fill it with water?!? - well, I guess sanity is wasted on madmen

FP
Hitler was afraid Himmler had sent him something that would incapacitate him but not kill him so that he would fall into Soviet hands. Der Treue Heinrich had become Der Falsche Heinrich in Hitler's eyes.

Z

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”