General Kussin death in 1944

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
askropp
Forum Staff

Generalmajor Friedrich Kussin (1895-1944)

Post by askropp » 07 May 2017, 19:37

Kussin had been an Eisenbahnpionier officer until he fell out with transport chief Gercke. Note the sarcastic comment by HPA Oberst Menneking in the Beurteilung from the Generalskartei:
test.jpg
test.jpg (28.82 KiB) Viewed 491 times
P.S. I'm sorry, I forgot to translate. Gercke said: "His performance while leading the Regiment [Eisenbahnpionierregiment 8] was not of such a kind that a further employment seemed advisable. Consequently, he was released to the Führerreserve." This amounts to a not too politely phrased dismissal. Menneking commented: "This is the well known, typical kick [into the butt] from the Transport Chief." Apparently, Kussin was by no means the first case of such a Beurteilung from Gercke.
Last edited by askropp on 07 May 2017, 23:36, edited 3 times in total.
There are times in history when staying neutral means taking sides.

Revellations

Re: General Kussin death in 1944

Post by Revellations » 07 May 2017, 22:59

German is not my natural language but he is referring to Kussin as nothing better than a foot step of Menneking? Where do these comments come from? A report on Kussin or somewhere else? Thanks for sharing.

cheers

Scott

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”