Interview Dutch Waffen-SS veteran

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
PatrickBateman

Interview Dutch Waffen-SS veteran

Post by PatrickBateman » 02 Jul 2017, 20:25

Hi,

A while ago I found an interview with a Dutch Waffen-SS veteran from an radio program (from 2015). I was thinking wouldn't it be a good idea if I make an documentary of it, so that's what I did. One of the reasons I think it is an good idea is that now I can add English subtitles to it so other people beside Dutch spoken people can listen to his story. (it took me around 4 hours to typ the subtitles(!), guaranteed with grammar errors :roll: ), and it is pretty rare these days to hear an Dutch man speaking about his past in the SS.

The original interview is only sound, no footage. So I added footage that fit his story. If you want to listen to the original interview you can find it here: http://binnenland.eenvandaag.nl/radio-i ... ulptroepen (Dutch spoken, no subs)

Here is the 'documentary' I made
[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8y3-D7KEKE [/youtube]

(If I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, I'm sorry.) And feedback on anything is welcome of course.
Last edited by PatrickBateman on 03 Jul 2017, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Harro

Re: Interview Dutch Waffen-SS veteran

Post by Harro » 03 Jul 2017, 02:24

The river you marked with a question mark is the Mius River

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » 03 Jul 2017, 10:46

Thanks Harro, changed it. I thought he said it like "Mianus", but that is a river in the USA.

Edit:
I had to re-upload the video because I found some editing errors, but I can't edit the main post so I will paste the link to the video here:

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » 16 Nov 2017, 19:16

Sorry to see that people reported it as "hate speech", and Youtube agreed with them and blocked it for like 90% of the world. I totally disagree. I don't know if people here still can watch the video so they can judge themself as this is a "hate speech" video. I created this video with the reason to tell the story of this Dutch Waffen-SS veteran, nothing more. Axis veterans probably do not have the right to tell their story, even today.

Sam Wren

Post by Sam Wren » 17 Nov 2017, 20:33

It's funny how most of the ostentatiously "anti fascist" people are awful fascisty themselves.

Sam Wren

Post by Sam Wren » 18 Nov 2017, 07:02

Just to be clear Patrick - I wasn't referring to you or to the Waffen-SS veteran - I was referring to those people whose concept of free speech only applies to those who think and believe exactly what they think & believe and everyone else is a (insert your own term of demonization here) to be attacked and silenced. These are the people who dress like fascists, act like fascists and talk like fascists -- and claim to be antifascist. The irony would be so delicious if it weren't utterly pathetic.

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » 18 Nov 2017, 12:34

Exactly. I hate it when people think you are a nazi when you are interested in the German Armed Forces of WWII, specially with the fact that those people don't almost know nothing about the them.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”