Pz.Rgt. or PzRgt

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Maxek

Pz.Rgt. or PzRgt

Post by Maxek » 26 Jan 2022, 11:00

Hello, I am planning to reenact a company of Panzer Regiment, however I wanted to ask what is proper Wehrmacht abbreviation, as sites show different stuff. Some sites have dot in abbreviations and some don't. Example: Panzer-Regiment 2 is abbreviated as PzRgt 2/Pz.Rgt. 2

Thanks for possible explanation.

DirkAH

Re: Pz.Rgt. or PzRgt

Post by DirkAH » 26 Jan 2022, 20:23

Hello!

According to the manual H.Dv. 30/M.Dv. 30/L.Dv. 30 "Schrift- und Geschäftsverkehr der Wehrmacht" (1939) the Wehrmacht didn't have an offical list of abbreviations for internal communication, just the guideline to either use the one give in the various Kriegsstärkenachweisung (KStN), Kriegsausrüstungsnachweisung (KAN) and other regulations and manuals or whatever was commonly understood. In your case the KStN answer would be "Panz.Rgt.", but Pz.Rgt., PzRgt and various other forms were all used.
Ciao

Maxek

Re: Pz.Rgt. or PzRgt

Post by Maxek » 29 Jan 2022, 12:11

DirkAH wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 20:23
Hello!

According to the manual H.Dv. 30/M.Dv. 30/L.Dv. 30 "Schrift- und Geschäftsverkehr der Wehrmacht" (1939) the Wehrmacht didn't have an offical list of abbreviations for internal communication, just the guideline to either use the one give in the various Kriegsstärkenachweisung (KStN), Kriegsausrüstungsnachweisung (KAN) and other regulations and manuals or whatever was commonly understood. In your case the KStN answer would be "Panz.Rgt.", but Pz.Rgt., PzRgt and various other forms were all used.
Thank you for explanation, you helped me a lot.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”