Master Bibliography of the Freikorps

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
RHWinter

Awaloff, Avaloff, Avalov, Avalev, Bermondt, Bermont

Post by RHWinter » 30 Mar 2011, 13:03

(Pavel Michailowitsch Awaloff-Bermondt:) Im Kampf gegen den Bolschewismus - Erinnerungen von General Fürst Awaloff Oberbefehlshaber der deutsch-russischen Westarmee im Baltikum, Verlag J.J. Augustin, Glückstadt und Hamburg 1925

Apologetic commemorative literature, concerning the the battles in the Baltikum 1919 (Riga)
Good complement to • Goltz, Rüdiger Graf von der. Meine Sendung in Finnland und im Baltikum. K.F. Koehler, Leipzig, Germany, 1920.
Available in German language only, as far as I know
Not an easy read, lengthy at times
A good mirror to the endless rivalries amongst the many russian emigree-fractions

No one really seems to know, where Awaloff came from and whereto he disappeared.
I'd love to learn more about his whereabouts.

Richard

ostland

Re: Master Bibliography of the Freikorps

Post by ostland » 07 Jan 2023, 00:24

sorry to necropost, but in case anyone wants to read "Der Reiter gen Osten" magazines, you can do so here.
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker. Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

Sarek

Post by Sarek » 20 Jan 2023, 01:56

Thank you for the sharing, ostland.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 20 Jan 2023, 15:36

Thanks for the link Herr ostland,

I downloaded the *zip file from the above website, but my viewer, the software IrfanView does not open up the file, just another error-message...

I needs another DVJU.DLL file to read this... :roll:
Why don't these people just publish such files as a *.pdf file. Why make it easy when you can make it difficult, good gods! :?

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

tigre

Post by tigre » 20 Jan 2023, 16:14

Hello to all :D; an article here...........................

Grenzwacht unter Elchschaufel. Die Haff - und Flußflottille des ostpreußischen Freiwilliqenkorps. Dr. K. W. Scheer
https://archiv.preussische-allgemeine.d ... _06_49.pdf
Seite 10.

Hans ein pdf :wink: Cheers. Raúl M 8-).

ostland

Post by ostland » 21 Jan 2023, 20:00

Hans1906 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 15:36
Thanks for the link Herr ostland,

I downloaded the *zip file from the above website, but my viewer, the software IrfanView does not open up the file, just another error-message...

I needs another DVJU.DLL file to read this... :roll:
Why don't these people just publish such files as a *.pdf file. Why make it easy when you can make it difficult, good gods! :?

Hans
I’ll convert them for you, no problem.
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker. Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 25 Jan 2023, 13:55

Hi Herr ostland,

thanks for your friendly offer, with the free Windows software "DjVu Reader" it is possible, to read the files.

Link / Download here: https://free-djvu-reader.de.softonic.com

Greetings to Austria! :wink:

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 30 Jan 2023, 16:59

The freeware, I have linked above is unfortunately only rudimentary, a pure viewer with no further options.
Unfortunately, conversion to another file format is not possible with this software.

Maybe someone of you has a better hint..? :?

Hans

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”