SS-Lazarett

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
ErwinZ

Re: SS-Lazarett

Post by ErwinZ » 13 Aug 2020 09:22

SS-Laz.Antg.Traunstein

Some Westland members reported to be there. Not sure what Antg. means.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 04 Sep 2020 14:00

Another found: SS-Laz.Abt. Meran/Alpenvorland.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 04 Sep 2020 15:44

+ "SS-Lazarett Abt. Lippstringe-Auguste-Viktoria-Stift bei Paderborn"

Family-tree DK

Post by Family-tree DK » 17 Jan 2021 14:11

My grand farther Erik Westergaard Jensen (Danish Citizen, born 1912) joined Frikorps Denmark in 1941 and continued in the Nordland Division, Regiment Denmark. He had the rank of Oberscharführer. He participated in the battles at Demjansk, Croatia, Leningrad and more until the surrender at Berlin. I am looking for help to answer the following questions:

1) He was treated at a lazaret in Gaya (Mahren). When he was treated? At which location was he injured?

2) Where was he located during the batte at Berlin? When, and to whom, did he surrender?

Any help would be much appreciated.

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 18 Jan 2021 00:45

:welcome:
Unfortunately most of hospital records did not survive the war.
Have you obtained his service record or do you have his Soldbuch?
All info should be there.

Family-tree DK

Post by Family-tree DK » 18 Jan 2021 19:11

i have just found an original registration note from the war which shows my grandfather was treated at the lazaret in Gaya (Mehren) from 7 - 20 September 1944. At that time Regiment Denmark should have been located in Latvia. Is it likely that he was injured in the Baltics and then sent to Gaya for treatment? Would transport be by airplane or train in such a situation?

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 19 Jan 2021 00:00

Would transport be by airplane or train
Most likely by train.

According to Befehlshaber der Waffen-SS Böhmen-Mähren, Tagesbefehl Nr.2860/44 geh. from September 12th, 1944,
they had two hospitals in Gaya (now Kyjov/Czech Republic) : SS-Feldlazarett 504 and SS-Lazarett Gaya

According to another document, retyped here: https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/inde ... &pageNo=28
SS-Lazarett Minsk was evacuated to Gaya and setup as SS-Feldlazarett 504.

Family-tree DK

Post by Family-tree DK » 19 Jan 2021 21:58

Thank you very much! The lazaret in Minsk received on 30 July 1944 the formal order to reallocate doctors and patients to Gaya. It appears from a 'day-order' that lazaret nr 504 was operational in Gaya from early September. My grandfather was treated in Gaya 7 - 20 September. So perhaps he was moved with other patients from Minsk. How/where can (if possible) I find out if he was in the Minsk lazaret by the end of July 1944? Or if he was on the train transport passenger list?

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 16 Sep 2023 20:26

Family-tree DK wrote:
17 Jan 2021 14:11
My grand farther Erik Westergaard Jensen (Danish Citizen, born 1912) joined Frikorps Denmark in 1941 and continued in the Nordland Division, Regiment Denmark. He had the rank of Oberscharführer. He participated in the battles at Demjansk, Croatia, Leningrad and more until the surrender at Berlin. I am looking for help to answer the following questions:

1) He was treated at a lazaret in Gaya (Mahren). When he was treated? At which location was he injured?

2) Where was he located during the batte at Berlin? When, and to whom, did he surrender?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hello

Thanks to a fellow researcher in Denmark I have a lot of info on Erik Vestergaard Jensen, I attach to photos of him. One from his time in the Waffen-SS as SS-oscha and the other from a DNSAP meeting with him holding the flag. He was awarded the EK II on 26.5.1942 as SS-Rottenführer and member of Freikorps Danmark , at that time incircled together with SS-Totenkopf Division in Demjansk.

Best regards
Georg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 16 Sep 2023 20:27

Hello if I don´t remember wrong there was also a SS-Lazarett in Oulu / Finnland.

//Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”