Heydrichs Funeral & Other Polizei Photos

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 29 Jan 2007, 21:53

1932 and Goering - One of the ones I won
Attachments
goerout.jpg
goerout.jpg (28.82 KiB) Viewed 2647 times

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 29 Jan 2007, 21:59

Hi Steve!

I'm not sure either, Rez.Pol.Btl.93 is just a guess as it was stationed in Kreiss Stein at that time frame - summer 1942. The villages mentioned in the Bekanntmachung were burnt down on 8 July 1942. I also found a vague mention of a antipartisan operation in this area conducted by 3 police battalions.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 29 Jan 2007, 21:59

Great photographs - many thanks for sharing them with us.

The photo of the young woman in the railway wagon with her hands clasped and peering out nervously is particularly sad.
I wonder if she survived the war. I certainly hope so.

Best regards.

laurens

Post by laurens » 30 Jan 2007, 00:19

The last picture cannot be from 1932 as Lutze already has tresse arround the kepi.

von Zerneck
In memoriam

Post by von Zerneck » 30 Jan 2007, 01:37

Hello Steve, Mark and other fourm members. I guess I can say that I am now at least the third on this post to have bid and fortunately won some of these. I am happy to have won the Griese photo as well as a few photos which I hope can answer at least part of the mystery of the units this man served in. Part of the group was photos of a funeral where it appears that I will be able to read a unit off the grave marker once I have the photos in hand: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1
. Right now, squinting and staring at the grave marker, as well as taking notice of the guy in the Ukrainian Schuma uniform (see the second pic down on the referened page), I am guessing that the unit (at least in the funeral) is Polizei-Schützen-Regiment 36. Obviously, the man served in other units then this one.

Regarding the photo with the Truppenkennzeichen that looks like an Oak Leaf, I note that I have a photo with a very similar Kennzeichen that is confirmed to III./Pol.Rgt. 10. It is hard to say with 100% certainty that it is the same because the photo in my possession is at a strange angle, but it looks close. I will try to post my photo later this evening for comparison.
Jason

stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 30 Jan 2007, 02:55

laurens wrote:The last picture cannot be from 1932 as Lutze already has tresse arround the kepi.
OK, the seller had that written for the caption. I have bought from them before and they have shipped fotos to me wrapped in the black album paper common in albums which the fotos had been ripped from. My guess is whoever processed them for sale just reads from the writing on the album paper.

Thanks, Steve

Actually with a little thought 1932 is dumb. To early by at least a year.
Last edited by stcamp on 30 Jan 2007, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 30 Jan 2007, 03:23

von Zerneck wrote:Hello Steve, Mark and other fourm members. I guess I can say that I am now at least the third on this post to have bid and fortunately won some of these. I am happy to have won the Griese photo as well as a few photos which I hope can answer at least part of the mystery of the units this man served in. Part of the group was photos of a funeral where it appears that I will be able to read a unit off the grave marker once I have the photos in hand: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1
. Right now, squinting and staring at the grave marker, as well as taking notice of the guy in the Ukrainian Schuma uniform (see the second pic down on the referened page), I am guessing that the unit (at least in the funeral) is Polizei-Schützen-Regiment 36. Obviously, the man served in other units then this one.

Regarding the photo with the Truppenkennzeichen that looks like an Oak Leaf, I note that I have a photo with a very similar Kennzeichen that is confirmed to III./Pol.Rgt. 10. It is hard to say with 100% certainty that it is the same because the photo in my possession is at a strange angle, but it looks close. I will try to post my photo later this evening for comparison.
Jason
Hello Jason,

The III/10 would be PB 314 which was not in the area during that time frame but that is interesting.

PB 1 provided people for Polizei-Schützen-Regiment 36 as did PB 91. PB 3 also contributed a company. I thought that Regiment worked farther North?

Mark mentioned PB 93 which is looking better because of their connection to Griese and that they were transferred to Marseilles, France in Jan or Feb 1943. The fotos place
them there. If so there is 33% chance the photo album belonged to Hauptmann Janicke.

I checked my notes and it is definite possibility. I show them becoming later becoming the I/Police Rifle Regiment 35 and then being destroyed in April 1944.

Thank you for your reply,

Steve

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 06 Feb 2007, 14:34

Hi

I have won the most of the slovenian antipartisan action pictures (since I would use them for a book please do not use them before for any pourpose execept research).
The thing that concern me, as spoken with Marko, is that the Polizei guys seems wear M43 Einheitsfeldmutze...then how could it be 1941?
Any suggestion? Maybe these are early gebirgsmutze?

Cheers
T

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 06 Feb 2007, 14:45

First then and now;

The poster in the picture I won and the original poster I own....looks very cool to me couse they are very similar!
Cheers
T
Attachments
2007-01-18-041.jpg
2007-01-18-041.jpg (50.44 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
avvisoss1.jpg
avvisoss1.jpg (69.61 KiB) Viewed 2429 times

stcamp
In memoriam

Post by stcamp » 06 Feb 2007, 15:46

Hello Drapeau Noir,

It is always interesting to see who else bids on these fotos. I am glad they are going to people who visit here. When these foto albums are broken up it is like taking a historical building and breaking it up to sell the bricks.

Regards,

Steve

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 06 Feb 2007, 17:10

Hi Steve,

Actually I bid very high on this kind of picture because I'm from the area and I think that some pictures from a certain area "belongs" to that area, if you know what I mean.
Actually, and I know for most of you could sounds like an offence but it is not, I'm quite disappointed when I see some pictures from my area in the hands of people from the other side of the world who do not know even a single historic note about those pics and these events....

Anyway I'm glad you are interested in and I will post them as soon as I'm able to handle the, do not worry.
We will try to put togheter all the pieces since I do not like people who "break buildings and sell the bricks separately" because they got no respect towards the building history.

Cheers
T

von Zerneck
In memoriam

Post by von Zerneck » 07 Feb 2007, 03:01

Hello Tom,

It is good to know that you were also bidding on these photos. I must confess, I am currently working on a small section of my site that will display my Polizei photos from Slovenia. I am fortunate to have some very interesting pictures, in particular from 1941 and 1942 and the "famous" battle of Dražgoše. One of the photos that I will be including is a picture of two policemen reading a poster similar to the one you posted, except it is one that lists the 133 Slovenians executed in 1941. Other photos will show the sad fate of the 81 civilians driven from Dražgoše after the fighting ended in 12 January 1942. I am working on it as fast as I can, and hope to complete it within the next week or two.

Jason

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 07 Feb 2007, 13:02

Hi Jason

Nice to see you here!
Of course if you need you can use my pics for your website, no problem at all! I can send you some scans as soon as I got them....I would love to see yours from slovenia (the poster one in particular!)...

Still waiting to be able to let you "surrender" on LW-Sicher. and Bozen!! ; )

Cheers
T

faf_476

Post by faf_476 » 07 Feb 2007, 13:48

Those photos really are valuables.

Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 07 Feb 2007, 14:02

Here we go.
Anybody able to recognize the place and the mountains?
Attachments
f.JPG
f.JPG (61.87 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
d.JPG
d.JPG (68.88 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
e.JPG
e.JPG (71.36 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”