What is the name for these symbols?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
KillDieRise

What is the name for these symbols?

Post by KillDieRise » 02 Mar 2017, 02:25

I found these illustrations for the Schützenreihe and Schützenkette that utilized dot pictures to specify the units specific role in that formation, I was curious what the name of these symbols are so that I can look them up, as well as if there are any more for Scharfschütze, Zugfuhrer, and ect. Any assistance is appreciated!
Attachments
SquadF2.gif
SquadF2.gif (12.19 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

von thoma

Re: What is the name for these symbols?

Post by von thoma » 02 Mar 2017, 08:05

I was curious what the name of these symbols are so that I can look them up
Try searching tactical symbols.
This PDF will be very useful : https://ia902503.us.archive.org/34/item ... ls1943.pdf
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

KillDieRise

Post by KillDieRise » 02 Mar 2017, 08:52

Ah this is a wonderful resource thank you so much! My primary concern is that I'm looking for any possible legend preferable with the symbols as individuals instead of one whole picture so that I can frame them up properly without having to do quite a lot of cropping while running the risk of getting a pixel wrong in some, though now I finally have a word to refer to them for in searches so hopefully if there is anything like that out there it will turn up, thank you again!

NotAToy

Post by NotAToy » 10 Mar 2017, 00:23

Check out this site for German Tactical symbols. On the far right of the page at the top
you will see several listed that are useful for deciphering may of the Units.

http://www.niehorster.org/011_germany/__ge_index.htm

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”