71. Infanterie-Division in May 1944

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
CNE503

71. Infanterie-Division in May 1944

Post by CNE503 » 12 Nov 2017, 12:14

Hello,

I'm looking for informations concerning the deployment of this division in Italy, along the tyrrhenian coast, in the first half of May 1944 - actually just prior to the start of Allied offensive "Diadem" on May 13th, 1944.

In particular, I need to know how it was deployed in the area Castelforte-Suio, and the defensive perimeter that it established on the slopes of Monte Majo.
I don't find any German archives concerning this division at this time.

If anyone has a sketch or a map, I would be very interested! So far, I have downloaded archives from 10. Armee, XIV. Panzerkorps, 26. Panzer-Division and 44. Infanterie-Division, but I was unable to find those from 71. and 94. Infanterie-Divisionen which were deployed in that sector. And the archives I have in my possession are not specific about this area around the Monte Majo...

Can someone help me on this one?
Thanks by advance.

Cheers,

CNE503
"Sicut Aquila" / "Ils s'instruisent pour vaincre" / "par l'exemple, le coeur et la raison" / "Labor Omnia Vincit"

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”