SS-Kampfgruppe "Bölling"

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Bagaudas

SS-Kampfgruppe "Bölling"

Post by Bagaudas » 28 Dec 2017, 23:15

Goodnight.

I would like information regarding a Kampfgruppe formed at the end of the war, but which I see very clearly that it existed at least within the unit in which it supposedly appears.
It's about the SS-Kampfgruppe "Bölling". According to the magazine "Der Freiwillige" was attached to the 3. SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf" in the late spring of 1945.
About the official in question I know several things:
SS-Hauptsturmführer Heinrich Bölling. Born on April 10, 1908. Fallen in action in April 1945.
1939 -1941 Assigned with grade of SS-Untersturmführer to 2./SS-Totenkopf Infanterie Regiment 3; 3 SS-Infanterie Division (Mot.) "Totenkopf". His position within the company was of Zugführer.
1944. Assigned to the rank of SS-Hauptsturmführer in command (Kompanieführer) of 4./SS- Panzergrenadier Ausbildungs ​​und Ersatz Bataillon 10.
There are no more data regarding units to which this officer was attached.
I have searched for more information about it in the book of Mr. Charles Trang, concerning the division "Totenkopf", but no data are reflected at the end of the dispute concerning this unit. I have also looked for data in a book about the last matches in Austria, I do not have the book at hand, I say it by specifying the author of it. But to say, it is a magnificent book that speaks of all the divisional units, or alarm units that were sent and positioned between Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic at the end of the war.
The unit reflects data from combat units of the "Totenkopf", and from other units of the Waffen-SS, including the SS-Panzergrenadier Brigade "Böhmen-Mähren", or SS-Kampfgruppe Division "Trabandt", and neither is specified data that may refer to the SS-Kampfgruppe "Bölling". However, it appears fallen in action in April 1945, so it should be in one of the fighting units in this sector.
Does anyone know how I could get information from this officer ..?
And the main thing of the last units to which it was assigned.
I sent magazine clipping in which I found the name of the aforementioned Kampfgruppe.
Thank you.
Attachments
Kampfgruppe Bölling 1945.jpg

Bagaudas

Re: SS-Kampfgruppe "Bölling"

Post by Bagaudas » 11 Jan 2018, 17:45

I knew I had seen something flipping through these pages, and I found it. This officer, if true, what appears on the second page of these documents remained in the SS-Panzergrenadier-Ausbildungs- ​​und Ersatz-Bataillon 10 in April 1945. At least until April 15, 1945, since it was part of the garrison stationed in Brünn.

Apparently, the unit seems to have been divided into two battalions, I apparently say since I do not know what officers were in it. Here appear several companies attached to a first battalion called Bataillon "Klein", I do not think it refers to SS-Oberführer Emil Klein (SS-Pionier-Schule "Hradischko"), since this officer commanded a Kampfgruppe much larger than a simple battalion . But, probably the second battalion called Bataillon "Bölling" is the Kampfgruppe alluded to in the annotations of the magazine "Der Freiwillige".

http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/de/n ... ect/zoom/4

What I do not know is if this unit remained in Brünn, or if it was sent to combat, either with the units of the so-called SS-Division "Wallenstein", or if it was part, because it was assigned at the end of that month, either of the 3 SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf", or of the SS-Panzergrenadier Brigade "Böhmen-Mähren", which fought (especially the second) in the vicinity of Brünn / Brno.

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 11 Jan 2018, 18:21

Nachname: Bölling
Vorname: Heinrich Karl
Dienstgrad: SS-Hauptsturmführer
Geburtsdatum: 10.04.1908
Geburtsort: Herford
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 04.1945
Todes-/Vermisstenort: südl. Brünn

Heinrich Karl Bölling ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Brno.
Endgrablage: Block 79 Reihe 10 Grab 483

Bagaudas

Post by Bagaudas » 11 Jan 2018, 19:07

Thank you very much, Peter.

I will try to know if some names that appear there are of officers of the unit, and what degree they had.

And also if I look in a book that I have about the last matches in Austria, some data appears. Although it seems to me that the battalion was assigned more to the SS-Panzergrenadier-Brigade "Böhmen-Mähren", and not to the 3. SS-Panzerdivision "Totenkopf".

a greeting

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”