An SS unit in the L. Armeekorps?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: An SS unit in the L. Armeekorps?

Post by Ivan Ž. » 19 Nov 2021 16:01

Ivan Ž. wrote:
18 Nov 2021 16:24
Important question: can anyone confirm/dispute that this was in fact the insignia of the L. Armeekorps?
Ivan Ž. wrote:
15 Jun 2018 22:14

According to http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/ it's the insignia of the L. Armeekorps.
L-AK.jpg
There are several errors on that website and I'd like to make sure this isn't one of them. I've never encountered a period document showing such an insignia in connection with the corps; so far I've seen it only in those few photographs, painted on SS vehicles.
Blanusa wrote:
19 Nov 2021 15:50
I was looking into this a bit and I don't believe it is a L. Armee-Korps unit emblem. Instead I believe it is a version of the von Künsberg coat of arms, which I attached in this post. Have a look at the page on Wikipedia about the family von Künsberg for more information.
Künsberg-Wappen.png
Ah, niicee thinking (!!) and a great find! Hats off :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Ivan

PS
You're a true mind-reader; just a few hours ago I was looking at the photos again, finding no connection with the L. Armeekorps (all other vehicles pictured with or near the SS unit's were part of Panzergruppe 1) and wondering what the insignia could have symbolised/represented... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”