what is 1326-Ers.Kp.f.Pi.Zg (mot)82

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Nikolajo34

what is 1326-Ers.Kp.f.Pi.Zg (mot)82

Post by Nikolajo34 » 27 Jul 2018, 17:30

I am a historian of Military History, WWII and my grandfather was a German Soldier. I wrote to Deutsche Dienststelle to find out my grandfathers record and was sent the following:
Robert Hoffmann born 19 April 1912 Nova Bana
Heimatanschrift: Wels/Donau (Oberösterreich), Heimstettenring 20
Deinsteintrittsdatum: nicht verzeichnet (service entry date not listed)
Erkennungsmarke: 1326-Ers.Kp.f.Pi.Zg (mot) 82

Truppenteile:
It. Meldung vom 07.01.1943 Ersatz- und Ausbildungskompanie für Pionierzüge (motorisiert) 82
ab 22.03.1944 Dolmetscher-Kompanie Wehrkreis Kommand XVIII, Wein

und am 28.04.1944
Zugang: von Ersatz- und Ausbildungskompanie für Pionierzüge (motorisiert) 82
Abgang: zur Division Brandenburg

Standort: nicht verzeichnet (location not listed)

Does anyone have any information on this division, where I could find out what action his group participated in? Also, could you translate this? I cannot find anything about this group. I know that he fought “partisans”, and was an interpreter at one point, but I don’t understand the brand, is 1326 his enlistment number and then is that Replacement and training company F engineer (tank) and 82nd reg or have I gotten that translated wrong? I would like to find out where and what battles he was in but first have to understand his rank and division to even search.

Any information you can give will be appreciated.
Nikola Symonds

Peter
Financial supporter

Re: what is 1326-Ers.Kp.f.Pi.Zg (mot)82

Post by Peter » 27 Jul 2018, 19:06

1326 is his own number, his Service Number from enlistment
I believe that his unit was Replacement & Training Company Motorised Pioneer Zug 82

offizier1916

Post by offizier1916 » 27 Jul 2018, 22:15

So your grandfather was an interpreter and Pionier who was transferred to the Division Brandenburg, once a Division formed for special operations and under the command of the Amt Abwehr if i remember correctly.
By end 44 this special division was transformed into a normal PzGrDiv, fighting in the balkans

it make sense that your grandfather was transferred to Div Brandb. as someone who was fluent in a foreign language.
The commando groups of the Brandenburger had to speak not only fluent, but perfect (best case: native speaker) the language of the country where the operation was carried out. They were sent to do sabotage actions, taking e.g important traffic junctions behind the lines, destroying bridges etc pp.
An interesting fact: not only the drafting was voluntary but also the commando operation itself. App. 2 Brandenburg soldiers should jump over Ireland with the parachute to make contact with the IRA. They withdrew from the operation a few days before it should have started. their superior wanted to bring them to justice for cowardice. but the military court didnt punish them, because commando operations in the Brandenburger Div were voluntarily. (source: wiki)

Nikolajo34

Post by Nikolajo34 » 30 Jul 2018, 20:14

Thank you, that information is helpful, I have studied the Brandenburger Commandos in detail but I have not come across a complete list of members. I have the Stackpole book "Brandenburger Commandos: Germany's Elite Warrior Spies in WWII" but it only lists commanding officers and regiments.
Do you know where I can find out about the 82nd?

Nikolajo34

Post by Nikolajo34 » 09 Aug 2018, 16:03

Can anyone tell me what the f stands for? 1326 Ersatz (replacement and training)Kp. (I assume is company) so would that be company F, I know Pi is for Engineer and Mot is motorized unit.

offizier1916

Post by offizier1916 » 09 Aug 2018, 20:57

i would say: Ersatz-Kompanie für Pionier Zug.
the "f" is written in lower case

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”