USSR was basically irrelevant in ww2

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
mustang19

USSR was basically irrelevant in ww2

Post by mustang19 » 01 Dec 2019, 03:15

Romania joined the axis to defend against the Soviets. Before then it was allied aligned.

Without USSR Romania and Germany would just kill each other. War would end sooner. The bulk of Axis forces in the east were Romanians and Finn's and both were just there because of the USSR.

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: USSR was basically irrelevant in ww2

Post by OpanaPointer » 01 Dec 2019, 03:25

Oh, boy.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Gorque

Post by Gorque » 01 Dec 2019, 03:35

Would you let us all in on what you're smoking. You know, for those times that even a triple won't do.

mustang19

Post by mustang19 » 01 Dec 2019, 03:38

Gorque wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 03:35
Would you let us all in on what you're smoking. You know, for those times that even a triple won't do.
The Dnieper Offensive, Stalingrad etc

Gorque

Post by Gorque » 01 Dec 2019, 03:46

I'll bite.

Numbers of the respective combatants?

mustang19

Post by mustang19 » 01 Dec 2019, 03:49

Gorque wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 03:46
I'll bite.

Numbers of the respective combatants?
At Stalingrad, by Wikipedia:

400k Germans
200k each Romania/Hungary/Italy

As you can see Germany wasn't the majority. Without it's allies it's be pretty screwed. Italy joined the Allies anyways, Hungary was unreliable, Romania was allied until the Soviets.

Gorque

Post by Gorque » 01 Dec 2019, 04:10

Kool:

I'll now let those members with greater knowledge of military matters abuse you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a Civ 6 game waiting to entertain me and the future responses to your crazy posts to amuse in the future.

Where's the pop-corn?

mustang19

Post by mustang19 » 01 Dec 2019, 04:16

Gorque wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 04:10
Kool:

I'll now let those members with greater knowledge of military matters abuse you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a Civ 6 game waiting to entertain me and the future responses to your crazy posts to amuse in the future.

Where's the pop-corn?
I mean you can also consider the Dnieper Offensive, Soviet invasion of Romania and others considering this ewere huge parts of the war and also how the Axis utterly collapsed when Romania switched...

Алексей

Post by Алексей » 01 Dec 2019, 09:04

Oh,God,again... :D

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 01 Dec 2019, 17:52

This thread is locked for multiple violations of our forum rules.
If a poster stops asking questions and begins to express a point of view, he then becomes an advocate for that viewpoint. When a person becomes an advocate, he has the burden of providing evidence for his point of view. If he has no evidence, or doesn't provide it when asked, it is reasonable for the reader to conclude that his opinion or viewpoint is uninformed and may fairly be discounted or rejected.

Undocumented claims undercut the research purposes of this section of the forum. Consequently, it is required that proof be posted along with a claim. The main reason is that proof, evidence, facts, etc. improve the quality of discussions and information. A second reason is that inflammatory, groundless posts and threads attack, and do not promote, the scholarly purpose of this section of the forum.

This requirement applies to each specific claim. In the past, some posters have attempted to evade the proof requirement by resort to the following tactics, none of which are acceptable here:

A general reference to a website, or a book without page references; citations or links to racist websites; generalized citations to book reviews; and citations to unsourced, secondary articles or opinions.

Noncomplying posts are subject to deletion after warning.

3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
8. Miscellaneous

1. Discussions

The research sections of the forum are meant for persons who are fairly well-informed on the topics being discussed, and our discussions are not directed at the lowest common denominator of readership. Rural customs of discourse, such as feigned ignorance, pettifogging, playing at peek-a-boo, fact-free repartee, redundant and uninformative posts, and/or "stonewalling" denials of facts well-known to most informed persons, are strongly disfavored here.

The object of the research sections of the forum is to exchange information, not to engage in dim wrangling as a form of diversion. Our readers are intelligent people, who have already taken the time to inform themselves on the topic under discussion and don't have a lot of time to waste playing games. Shrill and highly polemical posts are also strongly disfavored.
app.php/rules

mustang19 -- You can consider this as your warning.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”