"Das Reich"-organisation during Citadel?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
nikisein

"Das Reich"-organisation during Citadel?

Post by nikisein » 12 Jan 2020 07:04

Gents

I am currently reading Demolishing the Myth by Zamulin which is very good for Soviet organisations but lacking in detail on the German side

Googling has discovered that the main striking force of DR was a Panzer Kampfgruppe, what I have been unable to find out was what was the make-up of the Kampfgruppe. I'd guess SS-PR "DR", III./SS-PzGr "DF", III./SS-AR "DR" & 1 Pi.-Kp SS-Pz.Pi. "DR", but it would be nice to have this confirmed or denied please

If it makes a difference I'm primarily interested in the battles of the 6th-9th July 1943

Thanks

Bob

Aida1

Re: "Das Reich"-organisation during Citadel?

Post by Aida1 » 12 Jan 2020 11:16

Das Reich IV by O Weidinger does not give much deail but one certainly sees the III/DF being subordinatd to the Panzerregiment in the first days of Zitadelle.

EugE

Re: "Das Reich"-organisation during Citadel?

Post by EugE » 13 Jan 2020 12:15

Bob_Mackenzie wrote:
05 Jun 2011 11:08
Gents

I am currently reading Demolishing the Myth by Zamulin which is very good for Soviet organisations but lacking in detail on the German side

Googling has discovered that the main striking force of DR was a Panzer Kampfgruppe, what I have been unable to find out was what was the make-up of the Kampfgruppe. I'd guess SS-PR "DR", III./SS-PzGr "DF", III./SS-AR "DR" & 1 Pi.-Kp SS-Pz.Pi. "DR", but it would be nice to have this confirmed or denied please

If it makes a difference I'm primarily interested in the battles of the 6th-9th July 1943

Thanks

Bob
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=178730

What is this?
Look for it and you will find it...

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”