Koingsberg Line- winter of 1941/1942

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
EdJones

Koingsberg Line- winter of 1941/1942

Post by EdJones » 17 Feb 2020, 17:52

Anyone have information regarding the Koingsberg Defensive Line the Wehrmacht Group Centre Used during it's withdrawal of the Russian Counteroffensive during winter of 1941/1942? I see it mentioned numerous times, and I believe the city of Staritsa on the Volga was part of it. But other then that, my google/internet searches simply says it was a defensive line for the Army Group Centre during the Winter fighting of 1941/1942

GregSingh

Re: Koingsberg Line- winter of 1941/1942

Post by GregSingh » 20 Feb 2020, 03:28

It seems Staritsa was not exactly on K-Linie...

From Moscow to Stalingrad: Decision in the East:
On the morning of the 21st (Dec 1941), when his Ninth Army was about halfway between Kalinin and Staritsa, Strauss flew to Army Group Center headquarters in Smolensk, where he tried to persuade Field Marshal Kluge, its commander, to let the withdrawal continue by small stages, as it was doing, past Staritsa to the K-Line (KOENIGSBERG Line). The K-Line was the Rzhev-Gzhatsk-Orel-Kursk line that Bock had proposed and that the armies continued to talk about as the "winter line." Some work had been done to prepare the K-Line, Strauss explained, while none had been or could be done at Staritsa.
During the night on 1st January (1942) Hitler forbade any except "local evasive movements", and in the morning he ordered the words "KOENIGSBERG position" abolished because they represented a "dangerous myth".

modelbouw nederland

Re: Koingsberg Line- winter of 1941/1942

Post by modelbouw nederland » 20 Feb 2020, 13:13

Interesting to read just this.
I had a similar situation when I wanted to search on Google to research for my next modeling project.
Didn't quite get the results I wanted.
Not the details I wanted.
Then I posted the question on Kitmaker Network scale modeling network.
And there I had some nice suggestions and tips to improve my search.
Try different words and search queries to get what you want to find.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”