22.L.L.Division, info needed

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Joda

22.L.L.Division, info needed

Post by Joda » 13 Apr 2020, 17:50

I'd like to know exactly which units of the 22.LL Division were air transported and landed in "Festung Holland"...
Many thanks in advance

Richard Anderson

Re: 22.L.L.Division, info needed

Post by Richard Anderson » 13 Apr 2020, 19:04

III./Infanterie-Regiment 16. landed in the vicinity of Waalhaven, Infanterie-Regiment 47, in the vicinity of Katwijk-Valkenburg, and Infanterie-Regiment 65. was scattered, with parts of I. Batallion landing at Hoek van Holland, 5, Kompanien landed on the beach near Loosduinen, 8. Kompanie on the highway south of Delft, the rest of the II. Bataillon landed in the dunes north of Den Haag, on the beach between Katwyk und Scheveningen. The 4., 7., and 13. Kompanie landed on the airfield at Waalhaven-Rotterdam.

More details on losses of IR 65, at Lexikon.
Richard C. Anderson Jr.

American Thunder: U.S. Army Tank Design, Development, and Doctrine in World War II
Cracking Hitler's Atlantic Wall
Hitler's Last Gamble
Artillery Hell

Joda

Re: 22.L.L.Division, info needed

Post by Joda » 14 Apr 2020, 17:55

Thank you very much.

About the Inf.Rgt.65 I know a list of 5.kp members (names) exist... maybe is it a fake news or is it true?

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”