3/115 siemensstadt battalion

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Cwaines

3/115 siemensstadt battalion

Post by Cwaines » 01 Aug 2020, 18:08

Hello
I would like some direction, if possible, to find a list of all the members of this battalion and what role this battalion played in the defence of Berlin. Also if I could find out what happened to any members captured by the Russians please. I would be grateful for any assistance

schwarzermai

Re: 3/115 siemensstadt battalion

Post by schwarzermai » 05 Aug 2020, 19:17

Hello cwaines,

there is a thread in Forum-der-wehrmacht ...

https://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/inde ... mensstadt/

there is talk of a chronicle, but i dont know more about this one

Uwe
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=223633

My Bookproject: "Organisationsgeschichte der deutschen Heeresartillerie im II. Weltkrieg"

http://balsi.de/Heeresartillerie/

Cwaines

Post by Cwaines » 06 Aug 2020, 13:49

Thank you for your help

Cwaines

Post by Cwaines » 08 Aug 2020, 19:42

I have looked at the Forum-der-Wehrmacht site but unfortunately I don’t read or write in German other than recognizing a few words. Beyond the names of the leaders of the battalion I have not learned much.
I am trying to find out what happened to my grandfather who was an engineer employed by Siemens at that time. In April of 1945 he sent his wife and children to his brother at the family farm in Jerrishoe near Flensburg and they never heard from him again. The head of the historical archives at Siemens was able to tell me that in 1956 Siemens received information he had been shot by the Russians on November 7 1945. So I want to know why. His family had always thought he had been taken by the Russians as labour but now I want the truth. I believe it is more than likely he was a member of 3/115 Siemensstadt battalion since he fit the criteria.
Could someone please direct me to a source of information?
Thank you
Cwaines

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”