Do you have the Imhoff Pionier Chronik for 6th SS 'Nord'?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
stoveb

Do you have the Imhoff Pionier Chronik for 6th SS 'Nord'?

Post by stoveb » 24 Aug 2021, 05:16

Hi,

I have a number of these Chroniks (1st SS in hard bound, digital 2nd, 7th, 12th, 17th, 32nd SS)

In my research, two of the men from the 3rd Pionier Kompanie, LSSAH, after being wounded in Greece April 1941 ended up being transferred to the 6th SS Nord Pionier unit. They joined the unit with a group of Ersatz men from Dresden in September 1941.

I was wondering if you have the book, could you please see if either of these two men are listed in the back as contributors (which all volumes seem to have a list of at the back) or in the index (if it has one).

The men were:

Max Sengerwald
Johannes Pohling

Pohling wasn't there long and ended up in Das Reich, being wounded at Kursk with that unit.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Steve

andernach

Re: Do you have the Imhoff Pionier Chronik for 6th SS 'Nord'?

Post by andernach » 25 Aug 2021, 17:48

Hello Steve, I did a look on the "Namensverzeichnis". Unfortunately both names are not listed. No name that sounds like Sengerwald, only there is mentioned an Uscha. Pollinger (no christian name).
Best wishes,
andernach

stoveb

Re: Do you have the Imhoff Pionier Chronik for 6th SS 'Nord'?

Post by stoveb » 26 Aug 2021, 00:35

Hi,

Thanks very much for checking for me!

Cheers
Steve

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”