Wish to learn what unit was; 4./ Fuss. Schwdr. a.a. ?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
dpast32

Re: Wish to learn what unit was; 4./ Fuss. Schwdr. a.a. ?

Post by dpast32 » 22 Jun 2022, 20:54

THANK YOU Guys, So very much, I appreciate the input. The above was basically what I had determined, through my numerous Web searches. Perhaps I read the particular passage wrong, but I was led to believe that in addition to their Reconnaissance function, they also could be called to perform as an 'Ready, Rapid Deployment Force' of sorts ? The information related to the 4th Company being the Heavy Weapons Portion was especially helpful. When I initially obtained this Wehrpass, I had assumed he served with an Signals Unit, but he appears to have be transferred out of that during December of 1943. I am pleased though with the fact that a great deal of reference material is available on this particular action, it has made my 'job' that much easier ! THANKS AGAIN
Best, Dom P.

( NOTE: Pretty much what I learned was, in addition to a few other Sites, via the following:
https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Germany/HB/HB-2.html? )

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”