Norwegian Wehrmacht

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Bravosi

Norwegian Wehrmacht

Post by Bravosi » 03 Feb 2023, 20:01

Hello all,

I'm trying to put a wehrmacht impression of a Norwegian volunteer together. Being Norwegian myself I quite like the personal connection with that backstory instead of doing a German born impression.

I'm finding it a lot easier to find sources on SS volunteers and am finding it quite difficult to find solid information on non SS volunteers.

Are there any sources I can get on the specific uniforms for this. Pictures, descriptions etc? If it's generally a case of being equipped standard heer for a certain date that is easy for me to do.

If any members can share some knowledge on this subject I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Tanker Mike

Re: Norwegian Wehrmacht

Post by Tanker Mike » 04 Feb 2023, 00:33

Maybe this book?

Foreign Volunteers of the Wehrmacht 1941 - 45. Osprey Man at Arms Series. #147.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we would grow too fond of it."
— General Robert E. Lee

RFVD11

Post by RFVD11 » 04 Feb 2023, 00:43

I thought the regular army was dissolved after the German conquest. The police forces remained. The above mentioned book will not help you.

Srbac

Post by Srbac » 11 Mar 2023, 20:24

Not all wehrmacht units are listed in the book I believe.. there are many of them that are so small and unknown nobody knows they existed.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”