Gren.Div. der SS Gömbös

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
hardi

Post by hardi » 18 May 2004, 21:33

Hi,

I found the following materials (Memoirs) in the War History Archives (http://www.militaria.hu):

"HL" refers to the War History Archives; "TGY" refers to Collection of Monographs

1. Zoltay János: A Hunyadi hadosztály [The Hunyadi divsion] - HL, TGY 3452

2. Vladislav Rotbart visszaemlékezése a "Hunyadi" SS-páncélgránátos
hadosztályban eltöltött időkre [Memoirs on the "Hunyadi-times"] - HL, TGY 2957

3. Vadon Pál: A Keleti Arcvonal Bajtársi Szövetség tagjaiból alakított önkéntes zászlóalj harcai a Budapest visszavételéért indított
hadműveletekben (1945. január) [Fights of the Volunteer Batallion raised from the members of the Keleti Arcvonal Bajtársi Szövetség at the battles for recapturing Budapest ] - HL, TGY 3277

4. Dr. L. E.: Magyar század Berlin ostrománál [A Hungarian company at the Battle of Berlin] - HL, TGY 3617

5. Pongor István: Egy Hunyadi páncélgránátos naplója [Diary of a Hunyadi-panzergrenadier] - HL, TGY 3400

6. Podhradszky Ádám: Visszaemlékezések 1944-45-re. A "Hunyadi
hadosztály" [Memoirs on 1944-45. The "Hunyadi division"] - HL, TGY 2830

Unfortunately you can partially make copies.

Cheers,

Janos

PS. staf. Podhradszky's memoirs contain only general infos on the Hunyadi div. (perhaps he was under the pressure of the ÁVH)

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 19 May 2004, 07:34

Hardi,

Thanks for such rare info...I didn't knew about a Hungarian company particpating in the Battle of Berlin as i thought all the Hungarian forces were concentrated for the defense of Budapest during the Russian invasion

Khor

Re: Gren.Div. der SS Gömbös

Post by Khor » 15 Nov 2019, 10:54

Does anyone have copies of the above mentioned sources?

While I know that those can be found in the Military archives, but if there are digital copies, I would appriciate it.
Or if you are Hungarian and you have paper copies, please contact me, or write here.

I'm researching people from Békés county who have been in the Waffen-SS and any source that could shed lite on them would be great.
Thank you.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”