Waffen-SS in Stalingrad?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Ezboard

Waffen-SS in Stalingrad?

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 12:49

Gero
Unregistered User
(11/11/99 5:07:34 pm)
Reply Waffen-SS in Stalingrad?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did any Waffen-SS units fight in Stalingrad?

Helly
Unregistered User
(11/13/99 5:14:21 am)
Reply SS in URSS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, Yes!
of course, the main SS Divisions were the Div 1 "LSSAH", Div 2 "Das Reich" and others but I can´t remeber now, tomorrow I promise post the info complete anyway in the loinks of this site you can found others SS sites (Historic, not racist) where you can founf the History of the SS Divisionen.

and a little divison called "Division Azul" or "Blue Division" formed with Spanish soldier I think SS too. but honorary.

Marcus Wendel
Administrator
(11/13/99 10:40:09 am)
Reply Re: SS in URSS
No Waffen-SS units fought at Stalingrad (only a Waffen-SS sniper), but all Waffen-SS divisions fought on the eastern front at time or another.

División Azul wasn't a part of the Waffen-SS, but two Waffen-SS units of spanish volunteers (Spanische-Freiwilligen-kompanie der-SS 101 & 102) was formed when División Azul was dispanded.

/W

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”