Guarding Hitler

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Ezboard

Guarding Hitler

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 13:10

Anthony
Unregistered User
(1/10/00 8:15:09 pm)
Reply Guarding Hitler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking for info on the SS-units that guarded Hitler, I think they were known as the Wach-battalion.

Glenn A Steinberg
Unregistered User
(1/11/00 4:30:54 pm)
Reply Re: Guarding Hitler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need to find

Hoffmann, Peter. Hitler's Personal Security. Cambridge: MIT, 1979.

This book gives a very comprehensive account of the units and officers that guarded Hitler.

lvmontana98aolcom
Unregistered User
(1/23/00 6:48:32 pm)
Reply Hitler's Body Guards
Other then the information previously provided it is my recollection that Sepp Dietrich's men formed the unit that guarded Hitler. I do not believe he was the sole head of that unit but some research on Sepp Dietrich might lead you in the right direction. Good luck

Richard Murphy
Unregistered User
(2/22/00 11:12:52 pm)
Reply Heer commanders at the Fuhrerhauptquartier
I know Erwin Rommel and Walter Denkert both led the Fuhrer Guard Btn. But which other Army officers led this unit?

Cheers

Rich

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”