Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Ezboard

Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002 12:13

Andy Douglas
Unregistered User
(11/23/99 3:33:44 pm)
Reply Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking for information, such as order of battle, commanders and history, on the Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring.

Gareth Collins
Unregistered User
(11/24/99 5:24:47 pm)
Reply Fallschirm-Panzerkorps 'Hermann Göring'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was only one commander from its formation to the end of the war;
Generalleutnant Wilhelm Schmalz from 4/10/44 to 8/5/45.
This formation saw action in Lithuania and Latvia (10/44-11/44); then in East Prussia (11/44-5/45).
Gareth

Brian Matthews
Unregistered User
(1/2/00 1:09:28 pm)
Reply Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring
A history of the above unit has been written by Franz Kurowski and can be purchased via J.J. Fedorowicz Publishing at

http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/

regards, [email protected]

Marcus Wendel
Unregistered User
(1/2/00 11:51:57 pm)
Reply Re: Fallschirm Panzer Korps Herman Göring
Can you recommend the book by Kurowski?

/W

Michi
Unregistered User
(1/3/00 3:22:10 am)
Reply "HG"-book of KUROWSKI
Dear Marc,

I can recommend it(the German issue), because it deals with ALL "Herman Göring"-units.
The only problem(?) is the last offensive mentioned in this book(28/04/1945 - 03/05/45).
KUROWSKI writes, the 1st Polish Tank/Armoured Division was completly destroyed.
But I have the OoB of the different Polish Armies{1939; 1939-45(western Allies); 1942-45(Russian); 1943-43(uprising, partisan)} and no 1st Polish Tank/Armoured Division is mentioned.

Conclusio: It's a well done book, full of facts.
ISBN(-German issue): 3-7648-2439-5

MfG Michi

PS: Please don't ask Ciaran(elite-forces) about this last offensive.
Mentioning this he becomes a little bit disturbed, there was long time ago a "hot" discussion on his message-board with an "Mr. expert" of Polish Army(not me!!).

Michi
Unregistered User
(1/3/00 3:23:54 am)
Reply Sorry, of course Marcus not Marc!! (n/t)

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”