COLOR FOTOS!!

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
atomicmisfit

a dfifferent kind of foto OF THE ENEMY!

Post by atomicmisfit » 30 Oct 2002, 15:09

The first is of french prisioners taken in 1940 by the german blitzkrieg.
Some of the soldiers are dressed in tank crew uniforms, I think
This pic comes originally from the SIGNAL magazine series.

The other allied armoured pics come from the professional cameras of the american propaganda machine.

Imagine if you gave the germans the same supply of amera equipment and color film. Triumph of The Will in color, would of been very cool.

While im here i want to praise Marcus Wendel on his brilliant web-site and thank him for his efforts, plus im sorry Marcus for not understanding treads, if learned, thank you.

I HOPE THIS MESSAGE DOES NOT GET AS HOT A RECEPTION FROM TIMO HAD PREVIES ONES. (((((( PEACE ))))))
Last edited by atomicmisfit on 31 Oct 2002, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Karl

Post by Karl » 30 Oct 2002, 15:16

Heyyy, very cool pics atomicmisfit!

§Karl§

:mrgreen:

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 30 Oct 2002, 15:46

Nice pictures, the two first ones were new for me. Have you scanned them from original signal papers?

regards

Mark V

Post by Mark V » 30 Oct 2002, 17:44

Timo:

Don't even try. For Brazilian a term copyright is almost unknown. Have you ever noticed that many warez-sites end with .br ??

BTW. These pictures are old news for most of us.

atomicmisfit

now for a luftwaffa touch

Post by atomicmisfit » 30 Oct 2002, 17:45

this comes strait from the great work of
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Last edited by atomicmisfit on 31 Oct 2002, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Re: Ignore Timo ENJOY

Post by Marcus » 30 Oct 2002, 17:50

atomicmisfit wrote:Timo should just stop bullying me, its not fare to pick on me when all im doind is finding some good pictures on the web and passinbg them on to thirdreichforum

Because we study the ThirdReich doesnt mean Timo has to act like a nazi stormtrooper
Timo is just providing information about the regulations in regard to use of copyrighted images, that is part of his duties as host here in the forum, so drop that unfriendly attitude!

And I will not tolerate any further insults from you.

/Marcus

Timo

Post by Timo » 30 Oct 2002, 17:54

atomicmisfit wrote:Timo should just stop bullying me, its not fare to pick on me when all im doind is finding some good pictures on the web and passinbg them on to thirdreichforum

Because we study the ThirdReich doesnt mean Timo has to act like a nazi stormtrooper
A bully and a nazi stormtrooper. You are about to loose all your credit here.

Now read carefully

- Photos of worldwar 2 have copyrights, which means that forwarding just one photo is no big deal but large quantities are exactly what lawyers of those who own the copyrights are after. If you own the negatives you have no problem but otherwise serious problems can be your part.

- One of the big owners of copyrights I use for example is TimePix, a subdivision of the Time Warner company. The own the rights to hunderedthousands of photos, including thousands of ww2 German material. They sell images for publication, their prizes depending on the number of prints you want to publish (number of books).

- If they find photos from these publications to be illegally forwarded on the internet they take legal action against those who did this. In this case that would be you because the forum is not responsible for your actions. This means, as happened hundereds of times before over the last years, that you end up in court. The will demand money from you.

- Their prizes: 300.00 USD for every illegal scan and 1500.00 USD for every illegal print of an image owned by you. This is a serious warning not bullying.

So far you've posted eleven images in this thread. If they take you to court this will cost you 3300.00 USD at least, and they'll probably charge you for the numbers of hits on the thread, claiming that everybody who opened this thread saw the illegal images. Possibly they'll even claim that everybody who opened the thread was a potential downloader and thus even make a bigger claim.

Its upto you. I've seen it happen so be warned. Give credits to the owner of the images before its to late.

And, I'll ask you again, stop this "you against evil Timo" attitude.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 30 Oct 2002, 20:16

Also, a mere link to the age with the photos would be sufficient, then people can go there themselve...

Christian

Pua Moders

Post by Pua Moders » 30 Oct 2002, 23:11

Timo wrote:

A bully and a nazi stormtrooper. You are about to loose all your credit here.

Now read carefully

- Photos of worldwar 2 have copyrights, which means that forwarding just one photo is no big deal but large quantities are exactly what lawyers of those who own the copyrights are after. If you own the negatives you have no problem but otherwise serious problems can be your part.

- One of the big owners of copyrights I use for example is TimePix, a subdivision of the Time Warner company. The own the rights to hunderedthousands of photos, including thousands of ww2 German material. They sell images for publication, their prizes depending on the number of prints you want to publish (number of books).

- If they find photos from these publications to be illegally forwarded on the internet they take legal action against those who did this. In this case that would be you because the forum is not responsible for your actions. This means, as happened hundereds of times before over the last years, that you end up in court. The will demand money from you.

- Their prizes: 300.00 USD for every illegal scan and 1500.00 USD for every illegal print of an image owned by you. This is a serious warning not bullying.

So far you've posted eleven images in this thread. If they take you to court this will cost you 3300.00 USD at least, and they'll probably charge you for the numbers of hits on the thread, claiming that everybody who opened this thread saw the illegal images. Possibly they'll even claim that everybody who opened the thread was a potential downloader and thus even make a bigger claim.

Its upto you. I've seen it happen so be warned. Give credits to the owner of the images before its to late.

And, I'll ask you again, stop this "you against evil Timo" attitude.

OMG...

Pua Moders

Post by Pua Moders » 30 Oct 2002, 23:15

Timo is just providing information about the regulations in regard to use of copyrighted images, that is part of his duties as host here in the forum, so drop that unfriendly attitude!
I would like to add "in his (Timos) common aggressive manner". That would be a point, YOU, Mr.Wendel should start to think about seriously.

And I will not tolerate any further insults from you.
...but from Timo i guess, man?

David C. Clarke

Hey Pua

Post by David C. Clarke » 31 Oct 2002, 02:08

Hey Pua, four posts and you're attacking Timo? That may be some sort of new TRF record. Relax man, Timo is only trying to do what's right by the Forum and its users. You'll see over time that no one can be as helpful as Timo. Best Regards, David :D

Karl

Post by Karl » 31 Oct 2002, 04:05

David, helpful or not, Timo seems to have run out of coffee or something. His posts have taken a rather sarcastic, unfriendly and condescending tone that I am not sure I like very much.

Marcus wrote:
Timo is just providing information about the regulations in regard to use of copyrighted images, that is part of his duties as host here in the forum
Really? Let's read some of Meneer Worsts' friendly messages:

The masses say that these photos are all very well known to all of us as they have been published in a dozen of Africa Korps publications over the last 35 years. So whats your point, apart from showing a negative, arrogant. somewhat Marxist attitude towards the owner of this forum? Are you a Bolshevik coagitator?

We're not worthy, we're not worthy

Such ridiculous statements attract ridiculous answers. Support of the masses

Let the masses decide who does great things. You can't be great by self proclamation
again:
So whats your point, apart from showing a negative, arrogant. somewhat Marxist attitude[/quote

A case of the pot calling the kettle black wouldn't you say?

These are just a few helpings. On the Germany or USSR thread all he had to contribute was sarcasm. Is this the way a forum host is to behave?

I suggest to you Timo, that you take a sharp turn in the way you warn members, especially new ones.

It is not the message Hollander, but how it is delivered. And to paraphrase you:

Just my two cents.

Dan

Post by Dan » 31 Oct 2002, 04:24

Timo is getting better. No one can change overnight, and we should give him a chance. He is elitist and sarcastic, but nothing like he used to be. Let us be patient, just as others are patient with our own foibles.

David C. Clarke

Hi Karl

Post by David C. Clarke » 31 Oct 2002, 05:24

Hi Karl! In my experience, Timo is usually intense and especially intense when he feels he's right and the other party just doesn't get it. But when Timo turns that intensity on to a research topic, he's one of the most dedicated, hard-working and methodical students of history I know. The roughness around the edges that annoys some people is, IMHO, simply another facet of the same personality that pursues historical issues until they're clarified and long after others have given up. As Dan said,

[quote]Let us be patient, just as others are patient with our own foibles./quote]

Best Regards, David :D

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 31 Oct 2002, 09:15

I agree with Davids' comments above.

/Marcus

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”