Sonderkommando Lazarevič - Vojvoda Djujic

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Tom3277

Sonderkommando Lazarevič - Vojvoda Djujic

Post by Tom3277 » 26 Jun 2017, 18:32

Hello,

I'm looking for more infos about a certain Sonderkommando Lazarevič which was linked to Djujic units during the stay in north-eastern Italy.
Do you have more infos about this Lazarevič?

Best Regards
Looking for the Soldbuch of Hptw.d.SchP. Kurt Etowski.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Sonderkommando Lazarevič - Vojvoda Djujic

Post by Ivan Ž. » 27 Jun 2017, 00:51

Hello, Tom

It is "Branko Lazarević", pseudonym of a German captain, but I'm not 100% sure of his real name; it's most probably Wilke or Wilcke Rosenhof or Rosenhoff, sometimes credited also as Wolke and as Rösenmann [should be Rosenmann] or Roshof. He's been mentioned earlier here /viewtopic.php?t=171270#p1521898

From a 16 Jan 1945 Chetnik telegram by Major Vasilije Marović: "Đujić has two German officers serving in his HQ all the time. German general staff officer Rosenhof Wilke [spelling should be checked, I. Ž.] wears a Chetnik captain's uniform and commands a Đujić brigade for a while now, under the pseudonym of Branko Lazarević. In fact, he commands the entire Dinara Division." [See "Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o NOR-u", vol. XIV, book IV, page 732]

In the book "Pop izdaje" (Popović, Lolić, Latas), there is some more info on him and also a mention of "specijalna jedinica kapetana Lazarevića" = Special Unit of Captain Lazarević = Sonderkommando Lazarević [it was one of Chetnik anti-Partisan commando units, see page 321].

Cheers,
Ivan

Tom3277

Re: Sonderkommando Lazarevič - Vojvoda Djujic

Post by Tom3277 » 27 Jun 2017, 19:14

Many thanks Ivan.
Looking for the Soldbuch of Hptw.d.SchP. Kurt Etowski.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”