Trip to Riga

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Georg_S

Trip to Riga

Postby Georg_S » 08 Aug 2017 09:00

I went to Riga this summer and of course when I was there I had to visist some places around the city.

First I went to the Brotherhood Cemetary in which all Latvian soldiers from WWI and the Freedomwar are buried.Unfortunately did the Soviets ruin the German Warcemetary who was placed next to the Broterhood Cemetary and today that place is an civilian cemetery, but under the civilians there are thousands of German soldiers. But on the Broterhood cemetary there are some soldiers from WWII buried as well. I took photos of their gravestones and now you can see them. Photo nr 2, 3 and 5 plus Veiss

Outside Riga you have an large German War cemeteray (Beberbeki) on that place there is more than 15 000 German and other volonteers buried, I foudn one Norwegian SS-Ostuf and one guy that accoring to the name very Swedish, but the name is unknown to me and his rank was Obergefreiter which indicates that he was attached to ordinary Wehrmacht. I´ll try to find more about this man. Photo Nr 4

The photo (of houses) is the street Reimers Aly in wich the SD had it´s headquarters and Dr Rudolf Lange had his office

In the war museum you can find a lot of info of Latvias war history from the Vikings to present day, I was stucked in the department of WWII in wich you can find a lot of items and photos. I attach a couple of them. Staf Krepins and Staf Karelis Lobe

//Georg

Kripens.jpg
Janums_b.jpg
Brotherhood.jpg
Beberbeki.jpg
Bangerskis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Georg_S

Re: Trip to Riga

Postby Georg_S » 08 Aug 2017 09:01

The rest of the photos

//Georg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

George Lepre
Host - Foreign volunteers section

Re: Trip to Riga

Postby George Lepre » 08 Aug 2017 14:03

Thank you for posting these photos, Georg!

George

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”