SS-Division "Handschar" photos

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
LMA-17

Re: Some SS "Handschar" photo-infos

Post by LMA-17 » 10 Dec 2018, 23:17

Other 'Handschar' picture from "Singa Bosnia" (Bosnian Lions) book
Attachments
SINGA.jpg
SINGA.jpg (31.88 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

balkanguy44

Post by balkanguy44 » 11 Dec 2018, 07:31

LMA-17 wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 23:17
Other 'Handschar' picture from "Singa Bosnia" (Bosnian Lions) book
Hello LMA-17,

Great photos! The quality is just quite low.
Cheers,
BG44

DFrolov1992

Post by DFrolov1992 » 11 Dec 2018, 08:56

balkanguy44 wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 21:39
Members of the Handschar Division from Novi Pazar, Serbia. According to the website where I found the photo, about 150 Muslim men from Novi Pazar joined the division. True or not?
Hello!

Yes it is. According to other sources, 120-130 people. All of them served in the Albanian battalion (I./28) and then were sent to the Scanderbeg division. One of the volunteers from Novi-Pazar was the Albanian officer SS-Ustuf. Sulejman Daсa. However, I advise you to beware of descriptions of photographs published not only on web-sites, but also in the Yugoslav archives.

Best regards

balkanguy44

Post by balkanguy44 » 11 Dec 2018, 22:42

DFrolov1992 wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 08:56

Hello!

Yes it is. According to other sources, 120-130 people. All of them served in the Albanian battalion (I./28) and then were sent to the Scanderbeg division. One of the volunteers from Novi-Pazar was the Albanian officer SS-Ustuf. Sulejman Daсa. However, I advise you to beware of descriptions of photographs published not only on web-sites, but also in the Yugoslav archives.

Best regards
Hello, DFrolov1992!

Thanks for your answer. But somehow it's strange for me that all served in the Albanian battalion because I'm quite sure that some of them identified themselves as Bosnian Muslims.
Cheers,
BG44

DFrolov1992

Post by DFrolov1992 » 12 Dec 2018, 02:59

balkanguy44 wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 22:42
DFrolov1992 wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 08:56

Hello!

Best regards
Hello, DFrolov1992!

Thanks for your answer. But somehow it's strange for me that all served in the Albanian battalion because I'm quite sure that some of them identified themselves as Bosnian Muslims.
This is somewhat wrong. They were Muslim Slavs. Novi Pazar was located on the territory of the Wehrmacht’s military administration in Serbia, but its administration was almost entirely comprised of Kosovo’s Albanians, who conducted forced Albanization among the local Muslim population. With this task, this administration set the goal of integrating Novi Pazar and the surrounding areas into the borders of “Greater Albania”. However, I know from documents from the archives of Yugoslavia that one of the residents of the village of Vrshani (Bosnia) killed by the Albanian battalion mentioned a Bosnian who saved her from violence (in the document listed as "Bosanac" = resident from Bosnia and Herzegovina). I suppose she just might have been confused to call a muslim soldier not of Albanian nationality.

Regards

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 12 Dec 2018, 09:51

Ivan Ž. wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 14:52
Huska wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 13:38
78_zpsdyohc655.png
Source of the photo:Muslime in der Waffen-SS: Erinnerungen an die bosnische Division Handžar (1943-1945) | Zvonimir Bernwald

Any info about this photo?

Who are the people on the photo?
It's written in the source.

Ivan
Interesting answer, Ivan.
The drawback is only that it doesn´t provide any information nor help to all the forum members who are not in the possession of the book.

Regards,
Roman

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 12 Dec 2018, 12:26

Hello, Roman

There were already too many photos copied from the book on the forum board, it's time for this to end. (See also: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=238439) We don't want to be toying with someone's copyright by making a detailed copy of his work here, do we? Enough is enough. For further info, everyone, buy the book, or find a copy in your library and read it.

I also don't think that anyone should encourage posting photos from books asking for info on them when the info was already written in the very book they copied the photo from.

Ivan

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 12 Dec 2018, 23:25

Hi Ivan,

if you want to stop this the forum rules must be changed!
Here [ viewtopic.php?p=2168655#p2168655] you quoted the specific forum rule dealing with posting copyright protected works.
As long as the forum rules do no prohibit it entirely (and with this violating legal EU-law) one can´t do nothing against. Everyone can post specific text and/or photographs when providing a proper source, that is name of the book, author, page. Both are considered QUOTES. If one is kind he will post also the publisher but that is not requested. One can not only quote text but also photos and no one can do anything against as this is fully legal (I guess I do repeat myself).

Regarding the information you´re right. It´s strange to ask for when they´re provided in the book sure not afar away from the photo.

Roman

PS.: BTW, I reported countless posts with copyright protected photos from the web, with no source at all than "from the web, from Ebay, etc.." and this information is insufficient in regards to the forum rules and real law. And nothing happened to the poster. One can expect that all members are treated the same way, that´s called democracy. If this doesn´t happen we must speak about arbitrariness.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Dec 2018, 00:52

Dear Roman, perhaps you misunderstood, no one minds posting a couple of photos from a book, but pilling up is not allowed, that's all.

Cheers,
Ivan

PS
Never forget that every moderator is only human and sometimes he/she may be too tired, in a hurry, having serious health or other kind of problems, and may miss something. There is nearly 70.000 members, over 2 million posts and only a handful of moderators.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 13 Dec 2018, 10:36

Good morning, Ivan,

I don´t want to argue with you or anyone else. Hence is this my last information in this case:
From legal viewpoint the forum rules can NOT violate members rights granted by actual LAWS!
[One can´t either found a registered association or company when the bylaws vuiolate actual laws.] You can´t say member xy is allowed to quote only three times or only thirty times. As long as the quotes are proper marked (book title, author, page and evtl. publisher) there is no limit as there is NO copyright violation. Be aware that members = humans can persecute the violations of their rights, that incluse of course violations in forums and social media too. There´s not only one case where people from my country got convicted by Austrian courts for Nazi glorification, hate speech towards refugees and similar crimes when they posted such content on Facebook to mention a more known matter. Even though their posts did not violate the Facebook rules!
Laws overrule forum/social media rules in every case.
Don´t misinterpret my informations, they do not mean that I support such actions.

Wishing you a peaceful Advent season,

Roman

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Dec 2018, 12:38

Good morning, Roman

Be aware that it's rather rude to write that you don't wish to argue and then argue. Please watch what you're posting and be more considerate of other people and their limited time. Try controlling yourself rather than forum rules. I am writing you as a friend. I do thank you for the kind wishes and wish you the same with all my heart.

I hope we can back on the topic now.

Ivan

balkanguy44

Post by balkanguy44 » 15 Dec 2018, 23:40

Hello guys!!
Here are some interesting photos of the recruitment for the Division Handschar in 1943.
As you can see most of the recruits were poor farmers.
Attachments
image.jpg
Source: https://reibert.info/threads/13-ja-gornaja-divizija-vojsk-ss-xandshar-13-waffen-gebirgs-division-der-ss-handschar.1913/page-11
image.jpg
Source: https://reibert.info/threads/13-ja-gornaja-divizija-vojsk-ss-xandshar-13-waffen-gebirgs-division-der-ss-handschar.1913/page-11
image.jpg
Cheers,
BG44

Mujo

Post by Mujo » 16 Dec 2018, 03:01

balkanguy44 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 11:19
The 1st Heavy Flak (8,8cm) Battery of the Handschar Division/SS Corps Flak Detachment 509.
This is very interesting. I'm aware that Flak Abt 13 was detached from the division in the latter months of 1944. Is this a picture of them in action closer to the eastern front? The unit designations changed somewhat with the transition from the division Handschar to Kampfgruppe Hanke but most of these units made their way back to Kpfgr. Hanke towards the end of 1944.
It makes me wonder if the division had adequate air defence for Operation Ratweek too.

Mujo

Post by Mujo » 16 Dec 2018, 03:08

balkanguy44 wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 21:39
Members of the Handschar Division from Novi Pazar, Serbia. According to the website where I found the photo, about 150 Muslim men from Novi Pazar joined the division. True or not?
They look like replacements. The 44 dot camo uniform, the lack of uniform headgear and the Handschar collar tab make that collection of men somewhat irregular. They'd look more at home in Kama or Batschka.

balkanguy44

Post by balkanguy44 » 16 Dec 2018, 10:15

Mujo wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 03:01
This is very interesting. I'm aware that Flak Abt 13 was detached from the division in the latter months of 1944. Is this a picture of them in action closer to the eastern front? The unit designations changed somewhat with the transition from the Division Handschar to Kampfgruppe Hanke but most of these units made their way back to Kpfgr. Hanke towards the end of 1944.
It makes me wonder if the division had adequate air defence for Operation Ratweek too.
Hello, Mujo
The Handschar-flak photos in the "Siegrunen 81" (Author: Richard Landwehr) are not dated but here is the link for the free Google-Books thing. There are some pages of the book and all of the Handschar. Link: https://books.google.at/books?id=mNzsBQ ... en&f=false

PS: The two photos come from Siegrunen 81 by Richard Landwehr.
Attachments
image.jpg
German officers of the 2cm Light Flak Battery of the Handschar Division.
image.jpg
Heavy Flak range finders for the SS-Division "Handschar"
Cheers,
BG44

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”