Oberst Rendellis (Latvia)

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Pirro

Re: Oberst Rendellis (Latvia)

Post by Pirro » 26 Jun 2019, 18:49

Hi Bagaudas,

I'll try to answer based on what I've been finding.

In accordance with what was mentioned by VJK, and based on the data that I have observed in the following link [viewtopic.php?f=51&t=73041&hilit=Melderis&start=30], I only comment you with respect to the combats in the vicinity of Berlin, in April 1945:

Waffen-Füsilier Bataillon der SS 15
25 Mar 1945 - 20 Apr 1945:
- SS-Hauptsturmführer der Reserve der Waffen-SS Eldon Walli. Nr. SS-8.062. Born on January 28, 1913.
20 Apr 1945 - 2 May 1945:
- Waffen-Obersturmführer der SS Atis Neilands.

Adjutant:

- Waffen-Standartenoberjunker der SS Antons. According to the book of A Petersons, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji", Melderis was a cadet, that is, an aspiring officer, his previous rank was Waffen-Oberscharführer der SS.

VAT:
Nov 1944 - 1945:
- Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Elmars Zalums

IVB:
Nov 1944 - 1945:
- Waffen-Obersturmführer der SS Dr. Voldemars Jansons

1./Waffen-Füsilier Bataillon der SS 15
Commander:
19 Apr 1945 - 1945:
- SS-Untersturmführer Günter Donath (German) (Correct, except for his rank)

Zugführer:

- Melderis (not Weldens). The previous rank of Melderis was Waffen-Oberscharführer der SS. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji", Melderis was a cadet, that is, an aspirant officer within the Waffen-SS. His degree could be Waffen-Junker, Waffen-Oberjunker, or Waffen-Standartenjunker (since it was Waffen-Oscha); or Waffen-Standartenoberjunker der SS; which are the previous grades to be definitively appointed with a grade of SS-Untersturmführer or Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS. Unless it is collected elsewhere, as you usually say, he would have been named officer.

-Sils. Previous degree of Sils equal to Melderis, that is, Waffen-Oberscharführer der SS. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie berlines aizstavji", Melderis was a cadet, that is, we applied the previous rule, unless otherwise stated.

- Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Liepnieks. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji" was the zugführer in the fourth, but VJK reflects it in the 1 company.

2./Waffen-Füssilier Bataillon der SS 15
Mar 1945 - Mar 25, 1945:
- Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Eduards Štauers. (Štauers, was Latvian)
25 Mar 1945 - 1945:
- SS-Untersturmführer Schmidt.

Zugführer:

- Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Arvids Tilmanis. (Waffen-Ostuf, not yet)

- Waffen-Standartenoberjunker der SS Laivinš. Previous degree of Laivinš, equal to Melderis, and to Sils, that is, Waffen-Oberscharführer der SS. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji", the rank of Laivinš was warrant officer, he no longer speaks of him as Cadet, but Warrant Officer, could be Waffen-Standartenoberjunker der SS, previous degree to be appointed as an official within the Waffen-SS, unless otherwise stated.

3./Waffen-Füsilier Bataillon der SS 15
Commander:
-Waffen-Obersturmführer der SS Rutkis (not Ruuskis).

Zugführer:

-Waffen-Standartenoberjunker der SS Edmuns Kamps. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji", the rank of Kamps was warrant officer.

-Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Krumins. According to A Petersons's book, "Mums japarnak, Latviešu karaviri: pedejie Berlines aizstavji", the rank of Krumins is cadet.

4./Waffen-Füsilier Bataillon der SS 15
Commander:
Waffen-Untersturmführer der SS Kilp (Latvian).
Zugführer:

Schwere Kompanie.

25 Mar 1945 - Apr 1945:

- SS-Untersturmführer Kilp

What is not clear to me is if Kilp was the same officer of the 4, and was commander of both, or if it was another officer. Sorry.

With regard to the Waffen-Obersturmführer der SS Roberts Reķelis. It would fall on February 6, 1944. Therefore, Reķelis, as no.

If you go to this link you will see the link.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=135938&p=1184487&h ... s#p1184487

In all links there are interesting data, both from VJK, and from others.

a greeting

Pirro

Post by Pirro » 26 Jun 2019, 18:57

Krumins, I corrected you, I was a cadet according to the book by A. Peterson, therefore, it should be or Waffen-Standartenjunker, unless some document is witnessed otherwise. In principle it would not be official, that is, it would not be Waffen-Untersturmführer, unless it had been named at the end of the war.

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 27 Jun 2019, 22:33

Thanks guys, found these two in Führerliste:

Antons, Augusts Ostuf. 12. 8.02 15.Waffen-Gr.Div. 4.44

and:
Redelis, Vladimirs Ostuf. 27. 7.07 15.Waffen-Gr.Div. 6.44 ----- wonder if he could be the Bataillon-Commander Rendellis/Rendelis? Maybe at the beginning of the Berlin Battle between Eldon Walli and Atis Neilands?

Regards
Halfdan S.

Bagaudas

Post by Bagaudas » 28 Jun 2019, 00:53

Magnificent Halfdan S. !!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, for your information has made me try to find some information about that officer, in case something could appear, I found this link, if it would serve you, but I would advise you better to ask VJK I think, it hits me in the nose of that he knows a lot of data, and that you could contrast them with him.

In that link appears an officer with last name Redelis, I do not fit the name, although it is similar to the one you just wrote.
Obersturmführer Redelis Valdis

The link is the following:

https://www.dws.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=83&p=1630252

As I do not see sources collected, I would advise you, verify if it could be, if you have data, or ask VJK. He could know.

Many thanks also to Pirro, and to VJK

A greeting.

VJK

Post by VJK » 28 Jun 2019, 10:03

Hi gents!

Obersturmführer Valdis RĒDELIS
born: 27 July 1907 in Annas parish
died: 22 March 1969

Awarded EK I and EK II.

I too wondered about this officer, but unfortunately it cannot be him. Ostuf. Rēdelis was commander of the 1. Company, SS-Gren. Ausb. und Ersatz-Btl. 15, and surrendered on 8 May, 1945 in Kobæk, Denmark.

Kind regards,

VJK

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 30 Jun 2019, 23:37

Thank you, fascinating stuff.

Regards
Halfdan S.

Bagaudas

Post by Bagaudas » 01 Jul 2019, 16:12

Thanks to you two.

So much for the initial approach of Halfdan S's question, since it was very interesting. If there were more data about it, and that officer could be verified, it would be a discovery about that very important unit. And to the inestimable help of VJK, because without their knowledge it would be difficult to truly know the history of each of the officers.

Thank you very much, this is why it is worth entering the Forum !!!! :thumbsup:

A greeting
Bagaudas

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 21 Oct 2019, 15:37

from SSO Lapainis
Attachments
0062.jpg
243a
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”