Cossack Foreign Volunteer Patches

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
GeckoGuest

Cossack Foreign Volunteer Patches

Post by GeckoGuest » 24 Sep 2021 16:15

I have recently purchased three Cossack Foreign Volunteer sleeve shield patches. They are in great condition and are constructed really well. I’m unsure of their authenticity though. I was not able to find any information on the patches I have. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated.

They were listed as officer grade Cossack Foreign Volunteer sleeve patches

ТВ- Terek Cossack
ВД- Don Cossack
КВ- Kuban Cossack

~GeckGuest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Cossack Foreign Volunteer Patches

Post by Ivan Ž. » 25 Sep 2021 01:02

Hello, GeckoGuest, and :welcome:

They're all bad fakes, I'm afraid (their condition is great because they were made recently). And the Terek colours were black and blue (not red).

For more info on German-Cossack insignia see for example: P. Schuster, H. Tiede, Die Uniformen und Abzeichen der Kosaken in der deutschen Wehrmacht, Norderstedt, 1999 (or in English: Uniforms and Insignia of the Cossacks in the German Wehrmacht in World War II, Atglen, PA, 2004).

Cheers,
Ivan

Askold

Re: Cossack Foreign Volunteer Patches

Post by Askold » 27 Sep 2021 17:01

Unfortunatley all fakes.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”