34. SS-Freiw.Gren.Div. (niederl. Nr. 2) "Landstorm Nederland"

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Endzeit Jan

Re: 34.SS-Freiw.Gren.Div.(niederl.Nr.2) "Landstorm Nederland"

Post by Endzeit Jan » 17 Mar 2008 22:18

Thanks Rev.
Wehre has Informations of Art.Reg. or Art.Abt./Bttr.???

Endzeit Jan

Post by Endzeit Jan » 20 Mar 2008 19:48

Hi
Was is the Stellenbesetzung from this persons?

SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Regiment 83:
SS-Hauptsturmführer Berthold Vetter.
SS-Obersturmführer Karl Güttgemans.
SS-Untersturmführer Leendert van Berghe.
SS-Obersturmführer Walter Wittkamp.
SS-Obersturmführer Gozewinus Röthengatter.
SS-Hauptsturmführer Johannes Ilcken.
SS-Untersturmführer Eberhard Junach.
SS-Obersturmführer Otto Pflug.
SS-Hauptsturmführer Willem Frackers.
SS-Untersturmführer Franciscus Arno Zwarts.
SS-Obersturmführer Horst Brettschneider.
SS-Obersturmbannführer Rudolf Konopacki.
I. Bataillon:
SS-Untersturmführer Johan van Houtum(3-45).
SS-Hauptsturmführer Dr. Gerrit Waterborg(IVb 3-45/??-45).

Jan

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 20 Mar 2008 20:00

Scott wrote:
SS-Hstuf Schultz would be SS-Hstuf Günther Schultz (ex SS-Unterführerschule 'Arnheim').
A couple of others are as follows:
Kdr.Unterführer-Lehrgang - SS-Hstuf.Adalbert Stocker
SS-Ostuf.Fernau - SS-Ostuf. Wilhelm Fernau

Hi Scott,

Thanks for telling me about that Schultz-person, that was one I couldn't figure out.
Fernau I alread had in my list so that was solved quickly and good to know that Stocker also was Kdr. from the Unterführer-Lehrgang.....

Let's see if we can find out who that SS-Stubaf Brendel was, the CO from II. Btl. with Rgt. 84....

Greetings,
Mike

Mikedc

Re: Günther Schultz

Post by Mikedc » 20 Mar 2008 22:13

Hello Jan and Scott,

I just found out that SS-Hauptsturmführer Schultz, Günther Schultz according to Scott, is written down in my files as SS-Hauptsturmführer Günther Schulz. He was also with the SS-Polizei-Division at the beginning of the war and in 1944 he was also with SS-Unterführerschule Radolfzell......

Greetings,
Mike

HaEn
In memoriam

Post by HaEn » 21 Mar 2008 01:36

Stubaf Helle was relieved of his command of the Wachbattalion by O.Gr.F.Rauter, on advise from Gen.von Tettau, after he bungled his actions at Arnhem, and lost more than half of his men.
The remnants of the battered battalion were taken over by Hptstf.Fritz Ziegler, as well as spread over other nearby remnant units.
Ziegler also was C.O. of the 84th Rgt., and became Stubaf in the VERY last days of the war.
Just from memory.
HN

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 21 Mar 2008 12:29

Hello HaEn,

I only have Ziegler as CO from II. Btl. with SS-Rgt. 84
So when I understand you correctly he took over this Regiment at some point in 1945. Maybe after Lippert, who was CO from this Regiment according to Jan???
The only info I've on Lippert regarding the 34. SS-Division is that he was CO from SS-Regiment 83 and not 84, so that's again something else then waht's written down here by Jan....I also have Sepp Krafft being CO from SS-Regiment 83 so that's the same as what Jan says...

Jan also mentions a certain SS-Stubaf Gerhard Müller as being CO from SS-Regiment 83(after Krafft)but I have no Gerhard Müller ever being SS-Stubaf and the Gerhard Müllers I've never served with 34. SS-Division(at least not according my info). So the info he found and which he placed here seems not totally correct on a lot of points....

Greetings,
Mike

Revellations

Post by Revellations » 21 Mar 2008 12:32

Mike,

Typo by me...it should be Schulz. I have his personal file....no - 't'. After the SS-Unterführerschule 'Arnheim' was disbanded in late 1944, most of the officers went to SS-Unterführerschule Radolfzell. So this would have been his career path. 4th SS then SS-US 'A', SS-US 'R' then back to 34th SS.

Thanks Haen for your personal touches on one of your units. Glad to see you back on the forums.

Cheers

Scott

Ponomarenko

Post by Ponomarenko » 08 Apr 2008 10:27

Acordingly "Waffen SS Officer roster 1.3.1945. Sepp Kraft was com Kdr.SS-Freiw.Gren.Reg.84 and Lippert - Kdr.SS-Freiw.Gren.Reg.83.
Where is true?

waffen-IDF

Ustuf. Gerhard van Eeden

Post by waffen-IDF » 11 Apr 2010 08:59

B:13.2.12

SOJ. 11.KJL, J.Sch.Bad Tolz 3.44

Ustuf:21.6.44 SOJ:10.3.44

Panzermahn

Re: 34.SS-Freiw.Gren.Div.(niederl.Nr.2) "Landstorm Nederland

Post by Panzermahn » 29 Apr 2010 16:35

Hi, I saw pictures before of Dutch members of the Jan Hegel unit wearing the flaming grenade insignia at the collar patch. Are they connected to the Landstorm Nederland Division?

rednas

Post by rednas » 29 Apr 2010 18:10

Panzermahn wrote:Hi, I saw pictures before of Dutch members of the Jan Hegel unit wearing the flaming grenade insignia at the collar patch. Are they connected to the Landstorm Nederland Division?
Altough some were transfered from the Landwacht "Jan Hagel" towards the Landstorm, they weren't connected to each other. The Landwacht (nicknamed "Jan Hagel" because they were armed with shotguns) was a unit with mostly NSB (Dutch nazi party) members to guard them and carry out policetasks. When this unit was founded the Landwacht Nederland (combat unit) was renamed towards Landstorm Nederland so mistakes with its names couldn't be made. This is also the reason that nowadays people often mix these units because of their similarity in name.

You can find lots of photos from these units in the following links (none of the photos are my property though, only a collection I found on the internet and in books for study purposes).

Landstorm Nederland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27535089@N ... 761049685/

Landwacht ("Jan Hagel")
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27535089@N ... 759002701/

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 30 Apr 2010 00:38

rednas wrote:
Panzermahn wrote:Hi, I saw pictures before of Dutch members of the Jan Hegel unit wearing the flaming grenade insignia at the collar patch. Are they connected to the Landstorm Nederland Division?
Altough some were transfered from the Landwacht "Jan Hagel" towards the Landstorm, they weren't connected to each other. The Landwacht (nicknamed "Jan Hagel" because they were armed with shotguns) was a unit with mostly NSB (Dutch nazi party) members to guard them and carry out policetasks. When this unit was founded the Landwacht Nederland (combat unit) was renamed towards Landstorm Nederland so mistakes with its names couldn't be made. This is also the reason that nowadays people often mix these units because of their similarity in name.

You can find lots of photos from these units in the following links (none of the photos are my property though, only a collection I found on the internet and in books for study purposes).

Landstorm Nederland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27535089@N ... 761049685/

Landwacht ("Jan Hagel")
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27535089@N ... 759002701/
Hi Rednas

Thank you for the information and it is much appreciated. Do you know any books in English that covers the Jan Hagel units? I don't think David Littlejohn covered them in the foreign legions of the Third Reich series.

rednas

Post by rednas » 30 Apr 2010 01:52

As far as I know, no. Even in Dutch there is only one book about them (De zwarte wagon, Jasper Keizer).

waffen-IDF

Ustuf.Emil Prskawetz

Post by waffen-IDF » 01 Jun 2010 16:14

B:13.6.22

Ustuf:21.6.44

SOJ. 4.Lehrgang, J.Sch.Bad Tolz 3.44

huibert

Post by huibert » 16 Jan 2013 16:37

Has anyone specific info about W.Wittkamp and Gerrit Wagenborg, both belonging to Landstorm Nederland?
A pic would also be most welcome.
Huibert

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”