Chetnik volunteers at Waffen SS side (info-pictures?)

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Marcus

Re: Chetnik volunteers at Waffen SS side (info-pictures?)

Post by Marcus » 18 Sep 2009, 13:58

PhD about Italian Waffen SS,

Please give proper credit to the source of the images you post.

/Marcus

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 18 Sep 2009, 13:58

PhD about Italian Waffen SS wrote:Here an Interesting picture Chetnik of Dinaric Division with 7ª SS-Gebirgsdivision "Prinz Eugen"
I'm not sure about chetnik's unit (you are probably refering to Dinarska divizija = Dinara's division), but as far as I could match it, photo was taken in summer 1943 (around May-June), in Montenegro, or Bosnia. SS-Stubaf. is Bernhard Dietsche. Somehow I doubt that chetnik is from Dinara's div.; this is actually the first time I hear someone mentioning this man's unit. His face has always looked familiar to me, but I could never put a name to it...

I believe photo was published in Kaltenegger's "Mountain Troops of the Waffen-SS", but I can't check right now.

PhD about Italian Waffen SS

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 18 Sep 2009, 15:01

Ivanwss wrote:
PhD about Italian Waffen SS wrote:Here an Interesting picture Chetnik of Dinaric Division with 7ª SS-Gebirgsdivision "Prinz Eugen"
I'm not sure about chetnik's unit (you are probably refering to Dinarska divizija = Dinara's division), but as far as I could match it, photo was taken in summer 1943 (around May-June), in Montenegro, or Bosnia. SS-Stubaf. is Bernhard Dietsche. Somehow I doubt that chetnik is from Dinara's div.; this is actually the first time I hear someone mentioning this man's unit. His face has always looked familiar to me, but I could never put a name to it...

I believe photo was published in Kaltenegger's "Mountain Troops of the Waffen-SS", but I can't check right now.

source: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthr ... 245&page=7

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 18 Sep 2009, 15:05

Ivanwss wrote:

I am not sure about the Dinarska divizija. The source is a forum. But I think he is a Chetnik with the Waffen SS.
In what sense familiar?
Nick

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 18 Sep 2009, 15:06

Marcus Wendel wrote:PhD about Italian Waffen SS,

Please give proper credit to the source of the images you post.

/Marcus
Sorry!
source: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthr ... 245&page=7

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 18 Sep 2009, 15:18

PhD about Italian Waffen SS wrote:I am not sure about the Dinarska divizija. The source is a forum. But I think he is a Chetnik with the Waffen SS.
In what sense familiar?
Nick
...meaning - I think I've seen that face before. And, yes, he is a chetnik, no doubt, just not sure from which unit (chetniks also had brigades etc, like every other army)

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 18 Sep 2009, 15:58

A German military officer converses with Kosta Pecanac (the pre-war president of the Chetniks) and Dazafer Deva (a collaborator from Kosovo) in Podvjevo. [Photograph #46716]
Date 20 October 1941(1941-10-20)
This file is in the public domain, because the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum website says it is public domain, courtesy of Muzej Revolucije Narodnosti Jugoslavije.

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 18 Sep 2009, 16:03

PRO_GERMANY or AGAINST_GERMANy?

This image (or other media file) is in the public domain because its copyright has expired.
This applies to the United States, Australia, the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years.

Source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kalabic4be9.jpg

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 18 Sep 2009, 18:43

PhD about Italian Waffen SS wrote:PRO_GERMANY or AGAINST_GERMANy?
Although this photo is off-topic in this thread (no Germans with chetniks), it's interesting to mention that the woman on the left is a captured partisan; there can be also seen the wife & daughter of famous (some would rather say "infamous") chetnik commander Nikola Kalabic, who can be seen in the complete photo too (which was published in one of M. Samardzic's books, I think in "The truth about Kalabic").

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 18 Sep 2009, 23:37

WW2CroatianNewsreel wrote:
Jan-Hendrik wrote:There was a Serbisches Freiwilligen-Korps that was finally transfered to the Waffen-SS, see these documents from the Org.Abt./Gen.Stab.d.H.:
0635AHFJPG.JPG
0636AHF.JPG
Jan-Hendrik

These documents are fallacies!!

First, where is the seal?

Such an important document should have a seal on the end of the "report" like this Waffen SS document:
The documents are authentic.See Jan-Hendrik's source reference.

Lets move on.

T.K.

Post by T.K. » 19 Sep 2009, 13:08

Serbian Chetniks were at SS units side even in the OZAK, please check Di Giusto on this matter.

Rob - wssob2

Post by Rob - wssob2 » 19 Sep 2009, 15:23

The fact that Serbian Chetnik units collaborated with German forces (Heer, Polizei & SS) in Yugoslavia is not news.

Phd, if you're interested in Chetnik unit history, you should read Chetnik: The story of the Royal Yugoslav Army of the Homeland, 1941-1945 by Momcilo Dobrich. The book has a pro-Chetnik bias but nonetheless has some valuable information about unit structure and operations.

Post by PhD about Italian Waffen SS » 22 Sep 2009, 15:09

Rob - wssob2 wrote:The fact that Serbian Chetnik units collaborated with German forces (Heer, Polizei & SS) in Yugoslavia is not news.

Phd, if you're interested in Chetnik unit history, you should read Chetnik: The story of the Royal Yugoslav Army of the Homeland, 1941-1945 by Momcilo Dobrich. The book has a pro-Chetnik bias but nonetheless has some valuable information about unit structure and operations.

Thanks
Nick

Serbian boy

Post by Serbian boy » 30 Sep 2009, 21:18

Ivanwss wrote:

As for the chetnik unit org., unfortunately the "best" researcher is M. Samardzic, but I don't think he ever did (or will) confirm open collaboration of DM's chetniks with Germans.

Ivan

M. Samardzic is a bad researcher, he is not a historian at all. :? But far as I know he did not denied that there were four agreements between Mihailovic's chetniks and germans in period november-december 1943.

xqtr

Post by xqtr » 09 Oct 2010, 01:40

Chetnik duke Stevan Damjanović Leko with Prinz Eugen SS soldiers (1944):

Prinz Eugen soldiers with one Chetnik:

Prinz Eugen and Chetniks:

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”