Antonina Makarova, RONA machinegunner

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Arto O

Antonina Makarova, RONA machinegunner

Post by Arto O » 22 Jul 2012, 03:28

Hi,
There was a brief information about her somewhere in the forum, but IMO her story is quiete interesting as horryfying.
Antonina Makarova was born close Moscow in 1921. Her life was like many other young soviets, she was of a pioneer, a candidate to komsomol etc. When the war breaks up she joins to army like many others. In the first combat her unit is surrounded and exterminated. Antonina escaped to forest and lived in different villages for months. In 1942 she arrived to the village of Lokot, region of Briansk, base and headquarter of the units of RONA of Kaminski. Antonina presents herself as a volunteer to fight against bolchevism. One day a large number of partisans are captured and sentenced to be shot. None of the male members of RONA is willing to do the job, but Antonina asks a bottle of vodka and a captured Maxim machigun and quickly eliminated everybody.
So borns the history of "Tonka pulimiotka" (Tonka the machigunner......Tonka being a nickname of Antonina)
Every day Tonka shot groups of 27 men, women o children, accused to be o spy for the reds. The germans paid her 30 marks por each execution. She used to keep the clothing of those being shot. Soon her excecutions become a show. Kaminski himself used to observe them as also invited German SS officers. Antonina had her own house, well kept with her very well cleaned and greased Maxim. She participated in orgia parties with German officers. The partisans tried to assesinate her, but she had a couple of very fierce Kalmuck bodyguards. Soon was discovered that she had a venerean diseas, and she is transfered very far from the front line.
Antonina was in the hospital when she captured by the red army. She change her name to Gusova, a peasant, who escaped from the Germans. Soon she meet with hebrew soviet militar and marry with him taking the name of Antonina Ginzburg.
When the war ends she moved to a small village in Bielorussia, had two children and lived peacefully for 30 years. But NKVD and later KGB was always looking for her. When in the 70s the Soviets were permiting the exodus of jewish families to Israel, the Ginzburg famili presented also their visa application. Was then her single last name of Tonka was discovered.
She was arrested in 1978. Transfered to Lokot and her jugment was one of the last against Russian collaborators. But Mrs. Makarova never lost her control, when asked why she betrayed Soviet Union, she calmfully answered: "because I hated the communists". When she was asked what she felt when shooting people of different ages, she answered: " I didn´t know them, I didn´t feel nothing for them."

This is my translation from spanish as best as I can do it. The source: Mundo S.G.M.
tonbelux9.jpg
tonbelux9.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 2994 times

Semenov

Re: Antonina Makarova, RONA machinegunner

Post by Semenov » 08 Aug 2012, 19:04

afterwar photo

and russian documentaly movie about Makarova - http://video.mail.ru/mail/serg58ksn/190 ... autoplay=1 in russian language
Attachments
makarova_2_middle.jpg
makarova_2_middle.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2850 times

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 05 May 2016, 15:08

I must have missed this thread previously and hadn't heard of this female executioner.

http://www.pravdareport.com/society/sto ... 2-death-0/

ROLAND1369

Post by ROLAND1369 » 05 May 2016, 15:41

Given the time period, the patient legal concern of the russian Police and the location of this piece next to a story on "the death of hitlers daughter in Moscow, I wold give this all the crediblity of a "National Inquirer story".

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 10 Sep 2017, 15:24

I found this on the ALCHETRON site, reported to be her at time of capture.
Attachments
AM.jpg
AM.jpg (201.43 KiB) Viewed 1362 times

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 10 Sep 2017, 15:28

and this from crimerussia.tv
Attachments
AM2.jpg
AM2.jpg (6.55 KiB) Viewed 1360 times

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”