The Life Story of Gheorghe Cojocea a.k.a. Georg Kojotzea

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
AlifRafikKhan

The Life Story of Gheorghe Cojocea a.k.a. Georg Kojotzea

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 13 Sep 2012 14:37

George Cojocea (Georg Kojotzea for fellow German) tank gun was assigned to the regiment in Neuruppin bei Berlin. After intensive instruction, followed the band stage. In time of war, it was cruel: front! Was initially assigned to Africa, but Cojocea made "a Romanian one." Given "hit" the stomach, unable to eat canned! He gave a hell another, for he came to Kursk, where he took part in the largest tank battle in history. This changed three tanks Mark T-IV, was wounded, saw his comrades fall in puddles of blood and burning alive. He escaped miraculously returned to Berlin. He was promoted to Leutnant (Lieutenant) in March 1944, in a ceremony at which I missed Hitler, Göring and Goebbels, after which they assigned to Panzerregiment 3 in garrison Müdling (today a district of Vienna ). Here he trained a platoon of recruits. Had subordinated and Alfred Kürner soldier, none other than the famous football player from Rapid Vienna in Austria a living legend!

"The best I can shoot a gun!"

In the summer of 1944, he returned home. On 23 august, history changes, and caught him in a unit located at Dragomireşti, in a forest near Mumbai, near some armored destroy our military, Renault and Skoda brands. Followed other and other garrisons (14 in total), until one day, the People's Army thanked him for his service to and let him handle it.

Was 35 years old. The company is committed to "Prototype" on the way Sept. 13, in Bucharest, the director asked at the first meeting that he can do better, and he gave a reply to Oscar: "The best I can shoot a gun ! ... ". Later, with the help of a former student, who never forgot that he had made for him, returned to the army.

With a biography that's a miracle he did not stuffy prison. Romanian Nazi army was fighting with a brother disappeared and reappeared in front of the French army, George Cojocea has always been suspected of collaborating with the Securitate.

"I did never made the pact with the devil Bolshevik." Tells us proud in his apartment near North Station, the smell of old stories. We show office full of paper recovered from CNSAS. Papers which I agree. Cojocea was a "special topic" constantly pursued until 1989.

NEAR DEATH

In time of war, nights of love are often

George Cojocea had a turbulent youth and sentimental "There is a stray from those who had a special biography. I had a quiet life as Don waters. Romanian is the only survivor of Kursk. I'm not a hero. What do I deserve I live? Heroes are those who have left the bones there ... ".

Loves the old, in time of war, has been named the world instructed Anelisse, Inge, Ingrid, Zdenka, Gertrude Baum, Erna Hütter, daughter of a former SS officer. As explained many conquests in the short time spent outside the barracks?

"There is no girl more than 15 years should not be involved in any activity related to the military. Hence the need for liberation. Death lurked everywhere, there was no time ... ". Vienna, Cojocea was involved in an emotional episode ended dramatically. Both he and the Prince of Siam (now Thailand), Tong-Prischa, fell in love with the same woman: Hermina Nittmann, Austria skating champion.

Hearing the serious intentions of marriage, the prince did Cojocea step back. Only that's Prischa was forbidden to unite with Hermina destiny. Regimental commander warned that the Nazi state laws prohibit unions "interracial", advising him to be patient: "Sometimes wisdom comes with levels ...". Defying the laws prohibiting them love, dignity, Tong-Prischa chose suicide.

"DRAINING"

Among the remains of corpses

George Cojocea and adventures told by the front excellent military journalist Dan Gîju that in 2003 he published the book "iron fist" and published by Phobos. Otherwise, refused all offers to appear in "trade press". To us.

What really happened at Kursk than Sven Hassel's novels, the stories of Cojocea people even die. His memories are ultimately the most convincing plea for peace.

"Reclamation", adding that remains of corpses from the front, it was the worst experience. Former Leutnant quotes from our memories, "Put it on stretcher (...), carry it to the mass grave, stropeştel with lime, then another, and another. (...) No matter that it's German or Russian, everyone went to the same lot. Plague no choice. " Cojocea's ashamed of how it looks today Romania, a country still possessed by the communists, led by a pack of "homo-politrukus" but says that "it's good, because it alone."

Several questions remain: "We have not fought because we believed in Nazism, this is nonsense! We fought because we were soldiers and were ready to sacrifice for our country, Romania, our mothers left home, our land. What are today's honor, love of country? ".

To end "iron fist" chose one of highs and then takes their life: "I'm not afraid of death! I should have died long ago, the Kursk. Additional living now. "

Romanian random

He repaired a tank Revolution of '89

George Cojocea could not stay home mad days of December 1989 when the smell of revolution, weapons and heroes. He took the step to University Square. On the way, he came across a tank left in the "wedge". Cojocea confident he turned to the military to help. Romanian, they rushed him: "What you're getting into, sir? Get out of here. " Cojocea not allowed: "Hey, folks, do not walk where you should look so and so".

The story had a happy ending: the former a well-known tankman passed through the area and asked the soldiers to let the Cojocea to stick to that anyway know more about tanks than all of them combined. After five minutes of "DIY" tank started again to overthrow Ceausescu Romanian glorious way.

DISAGREEMENT

History of a tragedy on the Eastern Front

Kursk is not only the last real German offensive in the East. Small town lost in the immensity of Central Russia claims and largest armored battle in history, but also the most expensive day air confrontations that story two world wars of the twentieth century restraint.

The figures are quite dry: in July 1943, two military superpowers collide almost cataclysmic. Germans throw "the game" 2,700 tanks, 2,100 aircraft and 900,000 men ready to die for the Third Reich.

Soviet war machine counterpart responds with 3,600 tanks, 2,700 aircraft and 1.3 million soldiers. Losses will be, on both sides, colossal.

Over 500,000 Germans fall on the front and almost half of armored force is removed from the equation. Soviet army suffered greatly, in turn: one million victims (statistical includes, besides the dead, wounded and prisoners of war) and whole air fleet destroyed.

Solidarity in death is, in fact, the only common point of belligerents perspective on the Battle of Kursk. Historians have "care" is sufficiently accurate to separate supporters as one German and one Russian Kursk without a winner, but loser certain: humanity.

Memories

"We, on the front, did not know about the gas chambers of Nazi horrors. Is heard only so, some rumors, but we could not believe it! "

"I saw Hitler only once in life. In March 1944, the ceremony when I was made an officer. He stood four meters from me. He spoke long and with unusual speed, like a machine gun. "

George Cojocea, was Leutnant in the Wehrmacht
Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... t=1&ref=nf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arto O

Re: The Life Story of Gheorghe Cojocea a.k.a. Georg Kojotzea

Post by Arto O » 15 Oct 2012 07:13

Maybe pure concidence, but here in Peru, there are people with last name Goycochea, different variations in writting. And when you ask what is the origen of the last name, they answer the Basks, which geographighly is situated in Northern Spain.
with best regards
Arto

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”