Trip to Riga

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

Trip to Riga

Post by Georg_S » 08 Aug 2017, 10:00

I went to Riga this summer and of course when I was there I had to visist some places around the city.

First I went to the Brotherhood Cemetary in which all Latvian soldiers from WWI and the Freedomwar are buried.Unfortunately did the Soviets ruin the German Warcemetary who was placed next to the Broterhood Cemetary and today that place is an civilian cemetery, but under the civilians there are thousands of German soldiers. But on the Broterhood cemetary there are some soldiers from WWII buried as well. I took photos of their gravestones and now you can see them. Photo nr 2, 3 and 5 plus Veiss

Outside Riga you have an large German War cemeteray (Beberbeki) on that place there is more than 15 000 German and other volonteers buried, I foudn one Norwegian SS-Ostuf and one guy that accoring to the name very Swedish, but the name is unknown to me and his rank was Obergefreiter which indicates that he was attached to ordinary Wehrmacht. I´ll try to find more about this man. Photo Nr 4

The photo (of houses) is the street Reimers Aly in wich the SD had it´s headquarters and Dr Rudolf Lange had his office

In the war museum you can find a lot of info of Latvias war history from the Vikings to present day, I was stucked in the department of WWII in wich you can find a lot of items and photos. I attach a couple of them. Staf Krepins and Staf Karelis Lobe

//Georg
Kripens.jpg
Janums_b.jpg
Brotherhood.jpg
Beberbeki.jpg
Bangerskis.jpg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: Trip to Riga

Post by Georg_S » 08 Aug 2017, 10:01

The rest of the photos

//Georg
Attachments
veiss_b.jpg
Reimers Aly.jpg
Lobe.jpg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

George Lepre
Host - Foreign volunteers section

Re: Trip to Riga

Post by George Lepre » 08 Aug 2017, 15:03

Thank you for posting these photos, Georg!

George

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”