Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 04 Oct 2018 23:24

At the beginning of the war for his policies, he was placed under house arrest. On January 17, 1941, Bos, despite the British surveillance, fled from his home in Calcutta and, with the help of the staff of the German Abwehr, hid in Peshawar, near the north-western border of British India with Afghanistan. Here, supporters of Aga Khan (the hereditary title of the imam of the Muslim sect of the Islamists. - Ed.) Helped him to cross over to Afghanistan, where he met with agents of the Abwehr, who were here under the guise of road construction engineers. The Germans helped Bose get to the Soviet-Afghan border. After Bosch found himself in the USSR, the NKVD officers transported him to Moscow, where, counting on the traditional hostility of the Russians to the British, he hoped to get help for the Indian uprising against the colonialists. The refusal of the Soviet authorities disappointed him. Bose was sent to the German embassy in Moscow, where he met with the German ambassador, Count von der Schulenburg. At the beginning of April 1941, he transferred Boss by plane to Berlin.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 04 Oct 2018 23:30

Bose speaks to his legion. Germany, 1942. In September of the same year, the Indians were officially recruited into the German army, becoming the 950th Indian Infantry Regiment, numbering 2,600 men, consisting of three battalions.Source:Iknigi.net
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 05 Oct 2018 13:33

Sikh soldiers pose with map of Hindustan.Source:La storia siamo noi - La Seconda Guerra Mondiale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 05 Oct 2018 13:37

Indian soldiers with K98 riffles in Konigsbruck camp.Source:La storia siamo noi - La Seconda Guerra Mondiale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 11:49

Spartacus_Asenov wrote:
05 Oct 2018 13:37
Indian soldiers with K98 riffles in Konigsbruck camp.Source:La storia siamo noi - La Seconda Guerra Mondiale.
This pics are taken from Italian documentary movie.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 11:50

Rare photos.Source:antique-photos.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 11:53

Sadlly I found dozen photos but info for some of the are very little.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 11:57

I found this book free every can read this book without problem.Also some info and photos of Indian legion are present in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 11:59

Rolf Schackert, Obersturmführer SS, serve in the Indian Legion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 07 Oct 2018 12:01

Spartacus_Asenov wrote:
07 Oct 2018 11:59
Rolf Schackert, Obersturmführer SS, serve in the Indian Legion.
Source:Christopher Archieve picture.
Last edited by Spartacus_Asenov on 07 Oct 2018 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WAR LORD
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: 27 Apr 2002 13:25
Location: UK

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by WAR LORD » 07 Oct 2018 17:47

Sorry this is the Christopher Archieve picture

zaptiè
Member
Posts: 306
Joined: 16 Dec 2004 12:22
Location: north italy

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by zaptiè » 08 Oct 2018 15:41

Spartacus_Asenov wrote:
04 Oct 2018 23:24
At the beginning of the war for his policies, he was placed under house arrest. On January 17, 1941, Bos, despite the British surveillance, fled from his home in Calcutta and, with the help of the staff of the German Abwehr, hid in Peshawar, near the north-western border of British India with Afghanistan. Here, supporters of Aga Khan (the hereditary title of the imam of the Muslim sect of the Islamists. - Ed.) Helped him to cross over to Afghanistan, where he met with agents of the Abwehr, who were here under the guise of road construction engineers. The Germans helped Bose get to the Soviet-Afghan border. After Bosch found himself in the USSR, the NKVD officers transported him to Moscow, where, counting on the traditional hostility of the Russians to the British, he hoped to get help for the Indian uprising against the colonialists. The refusal of the Soviet authorities disappointed him. Bose was sent to the German embassy in Moscow, where he met with the German ambassador, Count von der Schulenburg. At the beginning of April 1941, he transferred Boss by plane to Berlin.
Not totaly true.
Bose fled from Calcutta to Afghanistan with an operation of SIM ( Italian Military Secret Service), from Afghanistan to Berlin was a german affair.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 11 Oct 2018 11:11

Sikh officer in Bordeaux,1944.Source:Pinteres.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spartacus_Asenov
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 25 Jul 2017 15:06
Location: bulgaria

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by Spartacus_Asenov » 11 Oct 2018 11:13

Two Rare photos from Konigsbruck camp.Source:Vergessene Orte Königsbrück.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
WAR LORD
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: 27 Apr 2002 13:25
Location: UK

Re: Indian Legion 1942-1945 photos

Post by WAR LORD » 12 Oct 2018 13:03

Azad Hind - Indian arm shield coming from Rolf Schackert, Obersturmführer SS, who serve in the Indian Legion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”