Division Azul Question

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Wim

Division Azul Question

Post by Wim » 10 Jun 2018, 14:58

Is there a possibility that non-Spaniards served in the Division Azul.
In my info about Flemisch volunteers i have a note that he served in the Division Azul. Is there a way to check this info?
Greetings
Wim
Any information about Flemisch in German service (Waffen SS, OT, NSKK, Kriegsmarine, DRK, ...) during WWII is welcome.

Semenov

Re: Division Azul Question

Post by Semenov » 10 Jun 2018, 15:54

Wim wrote:Is there a possibility that non-Spaniards served in the Division Azul.
In my info about Flemisch volunteers i have a note that he served in the Division Azul. Is there a way to check this info?
Greetings
Wim
Hi, Wim!

Few white russians and portugalians were served in 250. ID. They were former volunteers Franco army in Spanish civil war

Ironmachine

Post by Ironmachine » 11 Jun 2018, 08:14

Though the most numerous foreigners in the Blue Division were the Portuguese and then the Russians, there were also volunteers from other countries, generally not more than one or two in each case, including Belgium AFAIK.
You should contact the Archivo General Militar (located in Ávila), where the documentation from the División Española de Voluntarios (División Azul) is preserved.

Wim

Post by Wim » 11 Jun 2018, 11:00

Thank you for the information.

Wim
Any information about Flemisch in German service (Waffen SS, OT, NSKK, Kriegsmarine, DRK, ...) during WWII is welcome.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”