I need help finding info on my family member

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
waznewz

I need help finding info on my family member

Post by waznewz » 23 Oct 2018, 15:11

Hello.

i have two family members, danish nationals, who joined the SS in june/juli 1943, was shipped out from Denmark, in August 1943, and attached to SS-Regiment 24 Dänemark.
Now i will not name any names, but brother 1, died, according to family legend, on the eastern front, i have no idea, because the German Archives has not replied with any information yet.

However, Brother 2, again according to the ol' family legend, was at some point wounded, perhaps towards the end of the war, what i do know for sure is that he is arrested in Krusaa, Denmark, by the Danish police on 1. July 1946, and later put on trial and convicted.
IF he surrendered along with the rest of his regiment, that would have been ~8th May, 1945, near Fürstenfeld, Austria, according to some list i found on the places his regiment fought.
The last 3 entries are:
22.3. bis 30.3.: Rückzugskämpfe bis Reichsschutzstellung (Heiligenkreuz)
31.3. bis 8.5.: Reichsschutzstellung und südlich Fürstenfeld
8.5.: Kapitulation und amerikanische Gefangenschaft

I would VERY much like to find out what happened between 8th of May 1945, and 1st of July 1946.

Are there any archives on this? ive been up and down the internet, and have no more leads, please help :-)

Also on a side note, the two brothers are my grandfathers brothers, and my mom and her brothers/sisters are the closest relative to brother 1, Brother 2 had a child, and i have written permissions from all of them, to pursue this.

/johnny
(Also if this post is in the wrong section, im very sorry)

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”