Imam, Hodža on the parade of the SDK

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Huska

Imam, Hodža on the parade of the SDK

Post by Huska » 10 Feb 2019 19:25

Guys I found this on the Youtube video named Nacionalna Snaga SDK.
And explanation?

Imam giving a speech?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards

-Huska

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Imam, Hodža on the parade of the SDK

Post by Ivan Ž. » 12 Mar 2019 16:38

Hello, Huska

According to a German wartime caption for a photo taken on the same occasion, the imam is calling the Muslim members of the volunteer corps to fight. (Auch die Muselmanen des Freiwilligenkorps werden von ihrem Imam zum Kampf aufgerufen = The Muslims of the volunteer corps are also called to fight, by their imam.)
64332.jpg
Source: Cegesoma, 64332

Two more screenshots from the same newsreel:
sdkvid.jpg
sdkvid2.jpg
Cheers,
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Huska

Post by Huska » 12 Mar 2019 17:22

Thanks Ivan
Best Regards

-Huska

Huska

Post by Huska » 12 Mar 2019 20:22

Hey Ivan do you have a link to this picture?
Best Regards

-Huska

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 12 Mar 2019 20:36

Hello again,

The Cegesoma site does not allow direct links to images.

Go to the site http://pallas.cegesoma.be/pls/opac/plsp ... l/opac.htm check "Nr Image" and search with the number I provided
Ivan Ž. wrote:
12 Mar 2019 16:38
Cheers,
Ivan

Important note, to avoid possible confusion: the German wartime caption is not necessarily correct. In the footage, as far as I can tell, the imam addresses the flag bearers or the men standing behind them - and those men behind are policemen, not the corps members (the SDK members were standing on imam's right). So it's possible that the German reporter confused police with volunteer corps.
Last edited by Ivan Ž. on 12 Mar 2019 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Huska

Post by Huska » 12 Mar 2019 21:02

:milwink: Thanks
Best Regards

-Huska

Carnaro

Post by Carnaro » 20 Apr 2019 11:01

Ivan Ž. wrote:
12 Mar 2019 20:36
Hello again,

The Cegesoma site does not allow direct links to images.

Go to the site http://pallas.cegesoma.be/pls/opac/plsp ... l/opac.htm check "Nr Image" and search with the number I provided
Ivan Ž. wrote:
12 Mar 2019 16:38
Cheers,
Ivan

Important note, to avoid possible confusion: the German wartime caption is not necessarily correct. In the footage, as far as I can tell, the imam addresses the flag bearers or the men standing behind them - and those men behind are policemen, not the corps members (the SDK members were standing on imam's right). So it's possible that the German reporter confused police with volunteer corps.
Hello Ivan

Just a consideration: if we are talking about SDK, that is the volunteers emanated from Ljotic's Zbor, the presence of muslims in their ranks I think It should be quite unlikely, on the ideological bases at least. 8O 8O

Recently I have heard about a sui generis muslim-chetnik unit raised around Priboj in spring 1942 under italian aegis and with italian mediation (and $$$ :D ), But a presence of muslims with Ljotic volunteers (considering their ideological background) really seems to me astonishing.
What do You think?

Cheers
Max

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 20 Apr 2019 14:55

Ahoi, Max

I think the same, which is why I added that note in my last post:
Ivan Ž. wrote:
12 Mar 2019 20:36
But I'm also never excluding a possibility that there's something I never heard about, that is, recruiting Muslims into the corps. If there was an attempt to recruit the Orthodox into the Muslim SS division, "Handschar" (which failed though), why wouldn't they recruit the Muslims into the Serbian corps. There's a saying: all Zbor members were volunteers, but not all volunteers were Zbor members. Meaning, there were various kinds of people accepted into the volunteer corps.

Another note: as I previously wrote, there were policemen standing behind the flag bearers; but that's earlier in the film. When the imam starts his address, there seems to be no one standing behind them - that is, it seems that the imam addressed the flag bearers after all.
sdkvid0.png
sdkvid1.jpg
sdkvid3.png
Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”