SS-Standartenführer Walter Domes

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Dany7919

SS-Standartenführer Walter Domes

Post by Dany7919 » 13 Oct 2019, 11:27

Hello, does anyone have more exact information on SS-Standartenführer Walter Domes? He was commader of Slowakische-Grenadier-Regiment Nr.1 Hlinka Garde at the end of the war. Before he has served in the army of Slovak State.

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: SS-Standartenführer Walter Domes

Post by Georg_S » 14 Oct 2019, 17:31

I post some later tonight ☺️👍

/ Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 15 Oct 2019, 11:20

Hello

Unfortuantely was his SS-File rather thin, what was a little odd is that both he and his wife was Member of the NSDAP A/O. His wifes brother was also SS-Man and Partymember.

This is what I have on Walter Domes.

Will be part of my SS / Waffen-SS Führer vol 4

Best regards
Georg
Attachments
Walter Domes 00_txt.JPG

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 15 Oct 2019, 16:42

from rolle RG 260
Attachments
D-72.jpg
d-72
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Dany7919

Post by Dany7919 » 15 Oct 2019, 19:41

Georg_S wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 11:20
Hello

Unfortuantely was his SS-File rather thin, what was a little odd is that both he and his wife was Member of the NSDAP A/O. His wifes brother was also SS-Man and Partymember.

This is what I have on Walter Domes.

Will be part of my SS / Waffen-SS Führer vol 4

Best regards
Georg
Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Dany7919

Post by Dany7919 » 15 Oct 2019, 19:41

smetanin albert wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 16:42
from rolle RG 260
Thank you :thumbsup:

FransN

Post by FransN » 18 Oct 2019, 17:06

Hello,

The following citations come from Rudolf Pencz: "For the homeland! The history of the 31st Waffen-SS Volunteer Grenadier Division", Helion & Company, Solihull, 2002:

page 4: II./55 Ostubaf Walter Domes (note II./55 is II. Bataillon/Waffen-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment der SS 55 (kroatisches Nr. 3))

page 20: "It would appear that SS Volunteer Grenadier Regiment 80 was the regiment commanded by SS-Sturmbannführer Friedrich-Karl Scanzony von Lichtenfels. He was an officer ordered from the Army into the Waffen-SS. The commander of I. Battalion was probably SS-Oberstrurmbannführer Walter Domes, born in German Moravia, who on 21 August 1944 was taken over from the Slovakian armed forces. There, he was a regimental commander in Leutschau and also participated in the Slovakian actions on the Eastern Front. When SS-Sturmbannführer Scanzony von Lichtenfels was killed on 25 November 1944, Domes took over command of Regiment 80."
Note: A Stubaf. (regimental CO) held a higher position than a Ostubaf. (battalion CO)!

page 91: (25 November 1944) " South of Mohacs a fierce battle flared up between the units of 31st SS Volunteer Grenadier Division and the Soviets with their armoured support. The battle involved heavy casualties on both sides. The regimental commander of SS Volunteer Grenadier Regiment 80, SS-Sturmbannfüher von Scanzony, was killed, together with the universally popular SS-Oberscharführer Hans Sator, who was shot in the head as the fierce and somewhat confused fighting moved over to the Uj-Istallo farm, where the Staff seem to have had their quarters. The Regiment, which had only one full battalion, involved in a fight to the death, was immediately taken over by SS-Obersturmbannführer Domes."

Best regards,
Frans

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 19 Oct 2019, 15:57

☺️👍

Dany7919

Post by Dany7919 » 23 Oct 2019, 16:20

FransN wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 17:06
Hello,

The following citations come from Rudolf Pencz: "For the homeland! The history of the 31st Waffen-SS Volunteer Grenadier Division", Helion & Company, Solihull, 2002:

page 4: II./55 Ostubaf Walter Domes (note II./55 is II. Bataillon/Waffen-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment der SS 55 (kroatisches Nr. 3))

page 20: "It would appear that SS Volunteer Grenadier Regiment 80 was the regiment commanded by SS-Sturmbannführer Friedrich-Karl Scanzony von Lichtenfels. He was an officer ordered from the Army into the Waffen-SS. The commander of I. Battalion was probably SS-Oberstrurmbannführer Walter Domes, born in German Moravia, who on 21 August 1944 was taken over from the Slovakian armed forces. There, he was a regimental commander in Leutschau and also participated in the Slovakian actions on the Eastern Front. When SS-Sturmbannführer Scanzony von Lichtenfels was killed on 25 November 1944, Domes took over command of Regiment 80."
Note: A Stubaf. (regimental CO) held a higher position than a Ostubaf. (battalion CO)!

page 91: (25 November 1944) " South of Mohacs a fierce battle flared up between the units of 31st SS Volunteer Grenadier Division and the Soviets with their armoured support. The battle involved heavy casualties on both sides. The regimental commander of SS Volunteer Grenadier Regiment 80, SS-Sturmbannfüher von Scanzony, was killed, together with the universally popular SS-Oberscharführer Hans Sator, who was shot in the head as the fierce and somewhat confused fighting moved over to the Uj-Istallo farm, where the Staff seem to have had their quarters. The Regiment, which had only one full battalion, involved in a fight to the death, was immediately taken over by SS-Obersturmbannführer Domes."

Best regards,
Frans
Very interesting, thank you very much :thumbsup:

wasp68

Post by wasp68 » 29 Oct 2019, 20:48

Any idea of his post-war fate? He flew to Austria, and, rumors go that lived in Canada then.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”