Osman Bojic, Bosniak SS Volunteer

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
briankaess22

Osman Bojic, Bosniak SS Volunteer

Post by briankaess22 » 22 Nov 2019, 19:53

My ex girlfriend told me that her Father Osman Bojic (1921-2008) had served in the Bosniak SS on the axis side during WWII. I am assuming he was in the 13th Waffen SS Mountain Division. She also said he served as a camp guard at Auschwitz but I am not sure whether to believe this story or not.
Does anyone know anyplace to find unit rosters for either the 13th SS or camp guards at Auschwitz.
Just curious,
Brian

DFrolov1992

Re: Osman Bojic, Bosniak SS Volunteer

Post by DFrolov1992 » 24 Nov 2019, 13:01

Hello Brian

The story seems more than implausible. It is known that 825 kroatian SS soldiers were recognized as "dark person" and withdrawn from the 13th SS division at the formation stage, and then sent in violation of agreements with the Kroatian government to the Dachau concentration camp and then to Berlin (camp N57), where they were used for forced labor, and not for service related to protection (the formal reason for the exclusion was violations upon admission to service in the SS and their medical unsuitability). You should get more accurate information about the service of this person in the Waffen-SS.

Best regards

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”