Location of a source cited in George Lepre's Himmler's Bosnian Devision

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
or235

Location of a source cited in George Lepre's Himmler's Bosnian Devision

Post by or235 » 16 Apr 2020, 11:46

Hi,

I am currently researching armed and unarmed resistance in Aveyron (just above Toulouse in the South of France)
As part of armed resistance, I am looking into the armed resistance from within German forces and thus looking into the 13th Bosnian Division mutiny 17 September 1943.

Lepre's fantastic book that features a detailed account on the division has cited:
13. SS-Division, la, Tgb. Nr. Ia 36/43 v. 15. September 1943, "Sicherung des Div. Bereiches, Aufstellung von Alarmeinheiten und Jagdkommandos."

I would like to find the original location of this source. I understand Tgb.Nr is a German abbreviation for a word relating to the legislation number?
I have found the translation for "Sicherung des Div. Bereiches, Aufstellung von Alarmeinheiten und Jagdkommandos." but I am wondering where/what archives Lepre may be referring to ? I have looked in the sources cited section of his book which mentions Bundesarchiv, but after looking at the online archive search there is no documents 36/43.

Thank you

DFrolov1992

Re: Location of a source cited in George Lepre's Himmler's Bosnian Devision

Post by DFrolov1992 » 17 Apr 2020, 14:55

or235 wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 11:46
Hi,

I am currently researching armed and unarmed resistance in Aveyron (just above Toulouse in the South of France)
As part of armed resistance, I am looking into the armed resistance from within German forces and thus looking into the 13th Bosnian Division mutiny 17 September 1943.

Lepre's fantastic book that features a detailed account on the division has cited:
13. SS-Division, la, Tgb. Nr. Ia 36/43 v. 15. September 1943, "Sicherung des Div. Bereiches, Aufstellung von Alarmeinheiten und Jagdkommandos."

I would like to find the original location of this source. I understand Tgb.Nr is a German abbreviation for a word relating to the legislation number?
I have found the translation for "Sicherung des Div. Bereiches, Aufstellung von Alarmeinheiten und Jagdkommandos." but I am wondering where/what archives Lepre may be referring to ? I have looked in the sources cited section of his book which mentions Bundesarchiv, but after looking at the online archive search there is no documents 36/43.

Thank you
Hello

Hello!

Tgb.Nr 36/43 is the order number of the corresponding division department and naturally, you could not find it through a search on the archive website. Based on the documents at my disposal, this particular order is not among the BArch collection of documents. I recommend that you study the RS 3-13 / 5 foundation in BArch (Freiburg) to study the topic of the uprising.

Best regards
Dmitrii

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”