SS-Frw.Rgt. "Varjag"

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Bergmolch

Post by Bergmolch » 24 Nov 2006 15:37

Standing to Di Giusto was Wärager, formed by russian soldiers.

Cheers
T

dando

Post by dando » 01 Mar 2007 01:22

Hi

Sorry to go off at a tangent... I am looking for records of a German officer named Kapusta who served in Normandy on the atlantic wall area and I only have his name....Hubert or Helmut KAPUSTA - I see that your document above mentioned the name - as it is an unusual name could it be the same man. He "could" have also been an SS officer I dont know.
You wrote:....
The chief of an economic part - lieutenant Kapusta
(Assistant - under the lieutenant Virt).
He could also have been involved in handling the regional payroll for the area which may fit with the financial aspect of the above.
Many thanks for any help with this.
I am also looking for Helmut Henning who was sent to Canada as a prisoner and Captain Weneger.
All or any information would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Xserx

Post by Xserx » 13 May 2007 12:59

dando, I don't sure, but I think you not right. The his rank - poruchik is specified in the book. This rank was used in the Russian Imperial Army and could be nominated to the Russian emigrants. Result, please, more detailed information on your interest in this man. Whether could he (or his parents) to be the emigrants from Russia?

Best.
Xserx/

Semenov

Re: SS-Frw.Rgt. "Varjag"

Post by Semenov » 30 May 2010 09:12

Few new details and foto about this unit - http://reibert.info/forum/showthread.php?t=112219
very interesting article about it - http://nashastrana.info/upload/2891.pdf from page 3

Both links in Russian

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 01 Jun 2010 11:14

Hi Semenov,

Thanks for posting these very interesting links. You'll also find some further information on the activities of the Varjag battalion in this article:

Gregor Kranjc, “Answering Vlasov's Call: Memory and Slovene Perceptions of the Osttruppen, 1945,” East European Politics and Societies 22, no. 2 (May 1, 2008): 249-269.

Semenov

Post by Semenov » 01 Jun 2010 17:58

Mark V. wrote:Hi Semenov,

Thanks for posting these very interesting links. You'll also find some further information on the activities of the Varjag battalion in this article:

Gregor Kranjc, “Answering Vlasov's Call: Memory and Slovene Perceptions of the Osttruppen, 1945,” East European Politics and Societies 22, no. 2 (May 1, 2008): 249-269.

Thanks Mark!
Very interesting but imposible for me :cry:

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 05 May 2016 18:45

The unit was also known as Sondereinheit K. According to Semenov's link posted above, it was named after Stubaf.Kurek from Operation Zeppelin.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”