Serbian Volunteer Corps Bravery Medal in Gold

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Dan E. Moe

Serbian Volunteer Corps Bravery Medal in Gold

Post by Dan E. Moe » 28 Nov 2003, 16:15

In the book "Belgrades Best: The Serbian Volunteer Corps 1941-45" They mention that the soldiers in the SVC could receive the "Golden Bravery Medal". What kind of medal is this? Was it made by the Serbian Government during the WW2 or did they use old Serbian medals from pre- Establishment of Yugoslavia? Can anybody post pictures of this medal?

Dan

Dan E. Moe

Post by Dan E. Moe » 28 Nov 2003, 16:16

And could soldiers from the SVC receive medals like the EK2 and KVK like the Slovene Domobrans could?

Dan

Serbian heavy cavalry

Re: Serbian Volunteer Corps Bravery Medal in Gold

Post by Serbian heavy cavalry » 06 Apr 2011, 13:06

I know this thread is 8 years old, but I want to answer. :)

The "Golden Bravery Medal" was Serbian medal, or ''Medal of Milos Obilic'' in gold. Some older members of SVC (mostly officers) were allowed to carry their orders and old medals from WW1 like Order of White Eagle, etc.

Gen. Kosta Musicki, honors Lieutenant D.Glisic with ''Golden Obilic''.

As far as I know, only Milan Terzic Captain of SVC received EK2.

George Lepre
Host - Foreign volunteers section

Post by George Lepre » 06 Apr 2011, 23:41

Hi -

Normally, when someone opens a very old thread, I roll my eyes.... But when it's Serbian Heavy Cavalry doing it, I say "Go right ahead!"

Great stuff as usual, SHC,

George

Dai3348

Post by Dai3348 » 29 Apr 2020, 20:15

Hi
I've been doing some research on my grandfather. Borislav Trifunovic. He was awarded a Milos Obilic for bravery in World War 2. He was a bodyguard for gen kosta Musicki. Sadly he died some years ago and I'm trying to find out more about this and his past which he. Never spoke about can anyone help. Thank you

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”