Handscar and Skanderbeg Arabs?

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Dan

Handscar and Skanderbeg Arabs?

Post by Dan » 14 Aug 2002, 16:24

This is part of an article I found today. There are some obvious fallicies, but did the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem ever get indicted by a European country as the article says?

The full article is here:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=28602

and a section of it here:
Hajj Amin al-Husseini was the grand mufti of Jerusalem leading up to World War II. He supported the Nazis. He met with Adolph Hitler. He was a strong proponent of the Nazi program for mass murder of the Jews.

In fact, Arafat's hero became a German agent, and the British tried repeatedly to arrest him as a spy.

Perhaps the mufti's "greatest achievement" was the recruitment of tens of thousands of Muslims in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Albania to the German SS. His Arab Legions later participated in the massacres of thousands of partisan Serbs, Jews and Gypsies.

On March 1, 1944, Arafat's hero was in Berlin making a dramatic radio broadcast: "Arabs! Rise as one and fight for your sacred rights. Kill the Jews wherever you find them. This pleases God, history and religion. This saves your honor."

The Nazi mufti visited numerous death camps and encouraged Hitler to extend the "Final Solution" to the Jews of North Africa and Palestine. In fact, his only condition for recruiting the Arab Legions in the Balkans was a promise from Hitler to wipe out the Jews of the Middle East after the war.

In 1945, Yugoslavia sought to indict the mufti as a war criminal for his role in the massacres. He escaped from French detention in 1946. He then traveled to Egypt where he lived until 1974.

Dan

Post by Dan » 14 Aug 2002, 16:34

And on the same website the discrased Hal Lindsey says:
The mufti secretly imported a former Nazi commando officer into Egypt to teach Mr. Arafat and other teenage recruits the fine points of guerrilla warfare.
Weren't there several officers? I wonder which one he is speaking of. (As if von Braun and the others didn't help the US and USSR in the same way :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Thorfinn
Banned

Post by Thorfinn » 14 Aug 2002, 17:37

That article seems very innacurate. I think that the main theme of the article is that "Arafat is a Nazi sympathizer", so he must be destroyed. I also happen to be a "Nazi sympathizer", and I do not think that is a reason to condemn somebody, especially with so many questionable facts. Is there any evidence that the mufti visited numerous "death camps", or that "his only condition for recruiting the Arab Legions in the Balkans was a promise from Hitler to wipe out the Jews of the Middle East after the war"? Also what makes the Bosnian Handschar an "Arab Legion" (or is he referring to other "Arab Legions")? Just because they are muslim, does not make them arab. I realised that the author also plagarises the works of other people, when I noticed that his crap looked familiar. The following is an Icelandic site that seems to have been copied, in part. If not, they both used the same sources, but either way, it is plagarism. The author of the article that you cited should be fired.

http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/muftism.htm
http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/mufti4.htm

Dan

Post by Dan » 15 Aug 2002, 05:00

I'm just thinking that the author will get away with slander, because no one cares.

gabriel pagliarani

PROPAGANDA

Post by gabriel pagliarani » 25 Aug 2002, 03:47

Sorry Dan,
BEWARE OF SUCH PROPAGANDA!

Dan

Post by Dan » 25 Aug 2002, 04:08

Yes, I am wary of propaganda. At this point, I don't believe in Soap Libel, or anything that the pig Hal Lindsey says.

gabriel pagliarani

I am ignorant

Post by gabriel pagliarani » 25 Aug 2002, 15:36

Sir Dan,
sorry for my lacks, but I am ignorant about your topics. Who was Hal Lindsay you just defined "pig"? A fat man or a libertine? Generally this term related to a man defines a poor moral integrity or a fatty look. :oops:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 25 Aug 2002, 15:38

Dan,

Please stop bringing up the Soap discussion outside the Holocaust section, thanks.

/Marcus

Graf von Dracula

Post by Graf von Dracula » 26 Aug 2002, 18:33

I remember a good article in the homepage of an old friend:

http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/underworld ... islam2.htm

I found it curious and interesting. Although in many ways it deals in a sort of "What if..." story, it has some interesting real facts.

Best regards!

spence___

Post by spence___ » 27 Aug 2002, 04:50

I think i remember hearing a few years ago about a jewish terrorist network that fought the british in british controlled palestine. Any truth to that?

Dan

Post by Dan » 28 Aug 2002, 16:11

Yes, they were notorious for blowing up a motel and killing civilians. Prime Minister Begin was a member of this group.

cptstennes

Handschar etc. in Palestine

Post by cptstennes » 28 Aug 2002, 17:06

My information is that members of Handschar fought in the 1948 war. That is from a book entitled Oh Jerusalem published in about 1974. They were in Syria.
Oddly, Arafat claims, so I understand from a recent article in Atlantic Monthly, to be related to the Grand Mufti but apparently he is not.
Regards, F.

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 28 Aug 2002, 17:46

Quote of Spence___
I think i remember hearing a few years ago about a jewish terrorist network that fought the british in british controlled palestine. Any truth to that?
There were a few Jewish groups in British-controlled Palestine that targeted the British establishment there. One was the Irgun, a right wing Zionist group founded by Zeev Jabotinksy, that did include Menachem Begin among its leadership. The Irgun was at odds with the larger left wing Jewish Agency (which represented the Jewish people under the British), and its military arm, the Hagana. While the Jewish Agency (for the most part) sought to cooperate with Britain, the Irgun was angry at the UK for restricting Jewish immigration to Palestine - and hence leaving those Jews in Europe to Hitler. The Irgun wanted British control to end, and often targeted British military posts and personnel.

Another group, called the "Stern Gang" by some, was a relatively small, fringe group, aptly described as terroristic. Founded by a man called Avram Stern, this group took the anger of the Irgun steps further with radical anti-British talk, and more murderous action. This group didn't last very long, however, and did not receive wide-spread support in the Jewish community of British Palestine. The Irgun, too, had relatively little support, but those who were in the Irgun camp were often very dedicated to their cause: opposing British restrictions on Jewish immigration, and working toward Jewish self-determination in the region. This dedication sometimes led to violent activities for which many members were arrested executed by the British.

Luca

Post by Luca » 28 Aug 2002, 23:56

If i remember well, but is probable not, is maybe simple say that Irgun and Stern band wos without support.
Was a little "war" from Hagana (under directive of Palmach) and Irgun; and maybe some bullets start for support the different systems of "work".
What is sure is that much bullets go and return from Hagana and Stern band.
For confirm how much i no remember and how much is poor my knowledge concern these facts i say that Stern band was around 30 men.
30 fighters, no 30 political fighters or 30 fighters under political control.

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”