Bylorussian War Criminals

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
R. J. Kimmel
Banned

Bylorussian War Criminals

Post by R. J. Kimmel » 24 Mar 2002, 23:34

After WW11 the U.S. Government used the services of these war criminals to gain information about Soviet activities during the beginning of the Cold War. When the situation became tight, so as not to be found out, the U.S. Government brought these individuals here to the U.S.; gave them new identities and settled them in South River, NJ; as a reward for their services.

There, behind a Bylorussian church stands a monument dedicated to these individuals. At the top of this monument is a hugh black Iron Cross with the symbol for the Bylorussian SS as the center motif.

Annual meetings are still held at this location, but not to the extent that they were in the 1950s. There is a Bylorussian cemetary there in South River that is walled with large iron bar gates. When viewing the cemetary through these gates you can see small Iron Crosses on some of the headstones. If you linger too long you will soon be aproached by the caretaker who lives next to the cemetary. Only family members are permitted entrance.

In East Brunswick, NJ., a town next to South River, there is another Bylorussian cemetary situated behind a Catholic cemetary, separated by a low wall. At the point where the Bylorussian cemetary ends and the Catholic one continues horizontaly, there is a corner formed. You can only reach this corner by a single road, and at the end of this road is a small Jewish cemetary. The low wall that separates the Bylorussian one from the Catholic one continues past this tiny Jewish cemetary. The separation between the Bylorussian cemetary and the Jewish one is a "Barbed-wire Fence".

There is quite a book that was written about all of this that may still be in your library titled "The Byloruss Secret". I cannot recall it's author's name, however the last name of Craig pops into my mind.

I have color photographs of this monument, but cannot post them as my scanner is not operative. If any of the moderators would be willing to post them for me, I will be most happy to send copies to them by snail mail. I would just need an address.

Richard

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”